MVP Round 7 Votes v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting reading all the votes compared to how i saw it at the game.

Seems i'm giving Naitanui more credit than most whilst i didn't really notice Nelson being outstanding like his stats suggest. Darling to me was meh.

Thought McGovern was good too. At the ground i'd score it as Naitanui, McGovern, Kennedy, Waterman, Sheppard, Yeo as being our best 6.

5. Sheppard
4. Naitanui
3. Kennedy
2. Yeo
1. Waterman

HM : Gov

Interesting reading all the votes compared to how i saw it at the game.

Seems i'm giving Naitanui more credit than most whilst i didn't really notice Nelson being outstanding like his stats suggest. Darling to me was meh.

Thought McGovern was good too. At the ground i'd score it as Naitanui, McGovern, Kennedy, Waterman, Sheppard, Yeo as being our best 6.

5. Sheppard
4. Naitanui
3. Kennedy
2. Yeo
1. Waterman

HM : Gov

I think many people (myself included) expected Nic to be on top of the ruck battle from start to finish.

If felt like Darcy was able to stifle Nic's influence early on and Nic didn't get on top until some time in the 2nd quarter. Nic did really well yesterday, but wasn't as dominant as he had been in his last two games, which is to be expected I guess.

Looking forward to Naitanui v Grundy next week 😍

5. JJK
4. Shep
3. Yeo
2. Nelson
1. Redden

HM - Gaff, Cole, Darling

Plenty that did their bit with the only real concerns being Bunga in general and the 1-1 efforts of Gov and Barrass.

If the forwards find their radar and the connection with the midfield continues to grow, we are going to start converting positional dominance into scoreboard pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Kennedy
4. Shep
3. Kelly
2. Gaff
1. Cole

(I couldn't leave Cole out of my votes after providing us with one of the all time great derby moments. The way the atmosphere was instantly sucked out of the stadium was amazing. Apologies to Duggan, Yeo & Nelson)

5. Brad Sheppard - especially when game still to be won
4. Josh Kennedy - if he'd kicked straight it would have been an easy 5 votes
3. Jackson Nelson - had a very good game with few mistakes. Lots of crossfield that genuinely opened play up.
2. Elliot Yeo - starting to ramp up
1. Andrew Gaff - boo you purple ****ers.

Coaches votes are in. From the number of different people who got votes it looks like Simmo and the Dockers coach saw the game quite differently. JK with a perfect 10 in his 250th:

10 Josh Kennedy (WCE)
4 Brad Sheppard (WCE)
4 Andrew Gaff (WCE)
3 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
3 Matt Taberner (FRE) 🙈
Jackson Nelson (WCE)
2 Tim Kelly (WCE)
2 Luke Ryan (FRE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back