MVP Round 7 Votes v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

JD
Oscar
Redden
Kelly
NN

The first 3 get my votes for doing their best work when the game was on the line. Oscar gets bonus points for being a ******* boss playing as our KPD when that isn't his job. I don't think enough has been said about that effort.

TK came home with a wet sail and comes out looking pretty good considering he was nearly invisible in the first half - I want that 2nd half peformance every week.

5. Kelly
4. Darling
3. Gaff
2. Jones
1. Rotham

HM: Sheed, Redden, Naitanui, Sheppard, Brander

DM: Langdon

TK came home with a wet sail and comes out looking pretty good considering he was nearly invisible in the first half - I want that 2nd half peformance every week.

Hard one as while I agree that his first half was average he ended the game with the most possessions (7 ahead of Gaff and 12 ahead of Sheed), the most clearances (14, the next best midfielder was 6), the most contested possessions (23, a dozen more than Redden and Sheed), the most tackles (9, six more than Redden and Sheed), most metres gained on the team (596 metres in total) and was equal first for the team for goal assists (2).

If you'd asked me pre-game where we'd struggle in this game I thought it would be with the bigger bodies in-and-under.
However, Kelly eclipsed all comers with that and set the trend (with Naitanui) for tackles early on as well.
I know he got some great service from Naitanui at times but credit where it's due that's a monster game statistically with the only shortcoming probably being his finishing.

5 - Jones
4 - Darling
3 - Kennedy
2 - Gaff: Actually liked his game for once. Hit targets and didn't just look for easy stats
1 - Kelly: Could have been higher but missing too many shots at goal
Brother he had 42 touches and 9 tackles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard one as while I agree that his first half was average he ended the game with the most possessions (7 ahead of Gaff and 12 ahead of Sheed), the most clearances (14, the next best midfielder was 6), the most contested possessions (23, a dozen more than Redden and Sheed), the most tackles (9, six more than Redden and Sheed), most metres gained on the team (596 metres in total) and was equal first for the team for goal assists (2).

If you'd asked me pre-game where we'd struggle in this game I thought it would be with the bigger bodies in-and-under.
However, Kelly eclipsed all comers with that and set the trend (with Naitanui) for tackles early on as well.
I know he got some great service from Naitanui at times but credit where it's due that's a monster game statistically with the only shortcoming probably being his finishing.
I don't really disagree. I just would have rated his game a lot higher if he had taken charge when it was a dogfight rather than after we had started to get on top. Happy to be wrong if I'm splitting hairs in what ended up being a very good performance.

5. TK
4. Gaff
3. JD
2. Sheed
1. Redden - gets bonus points from me for getting inside Fluff's head and derailing his concentration.

HM : Jones , Kiefer, Rotham, Duggan, Snake.

Real bonus was watching Brander he is developing nicely and the improvement is encouraging and Hedwards second half was pleasing.

Poor first half and stood up when the game was on the line.

They’re your votes, but I think 1 vote for a 40+ disposal game is incredibly harsh.
The game was on the line in the first half.
But yeah he smashed H2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back