Autopsy Round 7 vs Brisbane

Clearly injured... but no replacement Horse is willing to bring in.

Sinkers is better than that. He's a heart & soul type player... he'd run his guts out for littke reward usually. The obvious answer is he is limited &/or being told to play limited. He's been so much better than that for a year or so.

Only way I see Cameron getting a game is in place of Reid. I would be getting games in Blakey and McCartin because they offer as much as Reid does but have significantly more upside. If Buddy's still not ready, maybe Cameron coming in to replace Reid wouldn't be a bad idea. He could then offer Sinclair a reprieve as well.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
A BIT OF FAITH WITH 3 OR 4 GAMES IN THE SENIORS MIGHT HAVE DONE HIM GOOD , WE ARE SHITHOUSE COMPARED TO OTHERS, BUT THEY DON'T HAVE A PATHETIC RESSIES COMP
The touch up Brisbane Resrves shows exactly where our list is compared to theirs. Same goes for GWS, they are all seniors and zero depth!

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Only way I see Cameron getting a game is in place of Reid. I would be getting games in Blakey and McCartin because they offer as much as Reid does but have significantly more upside. If Buddy's still not ready, maybe Cameron coming in to replace Reid wouldn't be a bad idea. He could then offer Sinclair a reprieve as well.
Only way I see Cameron getting a game is if the Black Plague rips through the club. That’s how good he is!

Come on. Reid and Cameron are poles apart!

Not sure they are. Reid is probably the better player, but not by much. I genuinely don't think Cameron would offer much less than what Reid currently is as a forward. And where Cameron might actually catch up with Reid is his added benefit of being able to swap with Sinclair in the ruck, so that Sinclair can go forward.

So as an individual player, I'm going with Reid. As a player who can help the team, I think they're 50/50.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
The touch up Brisbane Resrves shows exactly where our list is compared to theirs. Same goes for GWS, they are all seniors and zero depth!

It’s not as clear cut as that.

This is their injury list as of last week:

Injury

Estimated Return

Marcus Adams Knee 8 weeks
Harris Andrews Hamstring Test
Zac Bailey Hamstring Test
Rhys Mathieson Hamstring Test
Brandon Starcevich Hamstring 3 weeks

2 of the tests played the NEAFL game, so 3 players.

Ours
Lance Franklin Hamstring 1 week
Heath Grundy Back 3-4 weeks
Will Hayward Jaw Test
Kieren Jack Hip Test
Jack Maibaum Knee Season
Jarrad McVeigh Quad 4-6 weeks
Daniel Menzel Groin Test
Sam Naismith Knee TBC
Nick Smith Hamstring TBC
Durak Tucker Knee Indefinite

Hayward and Jack played seniors so 8. Plus add McLean (who hasn’t been given a spot on the list) and Tippett who takes a list spot and that’s 10.

They don’t have many injuries and thus most of their NEAFL team were listed players. 20 of their 22 were listed players. Compared with 13/22.

GWS do have a lot of players (key) out though. At least their top side is elite and wait for it...they move the ball forward!

Back