Autopsy Round 7 vs Brisbane

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Guess LP1 was thinking about Bonar and Hately. The latter is a terrific young prospect, the other picks and chooses when he goes.I still like Rowbottom but wish we had Hately on our list.
Who cares who he’s talking about, when they win multiple B&F’s at their clubs...that’ll be the time to believe it!

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Don’t think anyone would say the other two were bad.

But you would.
I'd certainly take an end of 1st round pick for him if he wanted back to Vic.
He should be the guy buzzing around the packs taking outlet hand balls from JPK, Hewett and Parker.
or at the foot of contested packs when up forward.
But he isn't. I guess just stick him in the McV role and leave him there - don't move him all over the bloody place where he can't seem to insert himself into a game. If someone kicks it right to him in space he is able to in turn find someone to kick it to. That's all he has. Can be useful, but expecting him to be much more than that is bound to disappoint.

If Jones, Papley, or Haywood left it would be an utter disaster. If Florent left would we really notice?

I'd certainly take an end of 1st round pick for him if he wanted back to Vic.
He should be the guy buzzing around the packs taking outlet hand balls from JPK, Hewett and Parker.
or at the foot of contested packs when up forward.
But he isn't. I guess just stick him in the McV role and leave him there - don't move him all over the bloody place where he can't seem to insert himself into a game. If someone kicks it right to him in space he is able to in turn find someone to kick it to. That's all he has. Can be useful, but expecting him to be much more than that is bound to disappoint.

If Jones, Papley, or Haywood left it would be an utter disaster. If Florent left would we really notice?

Thanks for the laugh, needed it before I start this shift.

That they did but hey, those GWS boys have it all over Kennedy, Parker, Hewett & Jones and that’s why they’re playing in the all conquering NEAFL. The shittest ******* league in the land!

I agree. I like the look of both of them but some people look at every player on GWS’ list and automatically assume they’re an elite gun even when they haven’t proved themselves to be.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Could we have 3 possible injuries from this game? Cunningham is out, Papley looked to have copped a knock while Sinclair seemed to be limping for much of the game....
And Heeney was injured early (1st qtr I think)

Could we have 3 possible injuries from this game? Cunningham is out, Papley looked to have copped a knock while Sinclair seemed to be limping for much of the game....

Heeney looked very laboured as well.

But Horse seems determined to do a Hanners job on Sinclair. Hopefully now that the season’s a write-off he’ll be willing to give Sinclair some well-earned rest.

Mate Rowbottom and Rose got on top of Hately and Bonar in the NEAFL

Each to their own both especially Hately showed poise which is very tough to coach. He’ll be a great mid in time.

Heeney looked very laboured as well.

But Horse seems determined to do a Hanners job on Sinclair. Hopefully now that the season’s a write-off he’ll be willing to give Sinclair some well-earned rest.

Sinkers badly needs support. It’s why I’d drop Reid for Cameron. Give Sinkers a spell forward a bit more.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Florent averaging just under 20 disposals per game this season, poor night with 7 on Saturday and you guys are laying the boot in? Output has improved since last season (based on averages).

Florent averaging just under 20 disposals per game this season, poor night with 7 on Saturday and you guys are laying the boot in?

Good young player want to see continual improvement

Not dropping him or anything just consistency please

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Good young player want to see continual improvement

Not dropping him or anything just consistency please
Don’t we want all of our players to be consistent? It’s not going to happen, probably not ever as we all have our ups and downs.

Inside 50, clearances, disposals, rebounding 50s have all gone up while his clangers have gone down and this is including his poor match against the Lions. Not sure what you're basing this argument on.

Stagnated would be the wrong word

Just think he showed v the dees (from memory) some high level footy he is going fine but can develop into a more key role imo

Back