Game Day Round 7 vs. GC Suns, Sun 01/05, 1:10pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But where does he play? Up forward against the Saints he looked and played exactly how I imagined he would pre-game. He hardly touched it and did not impact the game in any way. His physical flaws may count against him in the long term unless he can become a modern day Tony Shaw.

Sidebottom has been shithouse on a wing. Bianco wing Sidebottom forward.

I understand the scrutiny of Callum, but how is McInnes not getting similar for 2 disposals. 2 disposals is astonishing for a full game.

As bad as Callam was, McInnes was worse.
Let me guess. McInnes is a kid, Callum is not. Callum is close to 70 games (somehow) there’s no excuse. He’s not developing anymore, this is his level. And yet he’s picked again. After 4 touches. A 6th season player getting 4 touches in a game. Just unbelievable at this point that after this long people still expect something just to happen with him. I’ve never known an afl player on our list to be gifted so many unwarranted games. Thomas and Blair don’t even come close.

But where does he play? Up forward against the Saints he looked and played exactly how I imagined he would pre-game. He hardly touched it and did not impact the game in any way. His physical flaws may count against him in the long term unless he can become a modern day Tony Shaw.
I don't think he'll play. I think in Tyler, Begg and Bianco, we've got a flanker, an inside mid and a tall as our emergencies/sub.

Long term I think he's NQR, but he's about as close to depth as we've got. Wing is his most likely role, but he'll get run into oblivion by a good afl wingman.

I understand the scrutiny of Callum, but how is McInnes not getting similar for 2 disposals. 2 disposals is astonishing for a full game.

As bad as Callam was, McInnes was worse.
McInnes is the type of player who benefits more from playing seniors than reserves. His leading patterns are great and he creates space behind him for our smaller forwards and he isn't even a forward, he's an inside mid. They are trying to help him gain confidence because they know that once his confidence grows, he's an extremely good player. The wraps on him in his junior days were huge, most good talents scouts rated him through the roof.

Blair had decent games for a period. In 70 games Callum has prob had one afl standard game. I’m triggered so I’ll stop 😃
I know mate, i just thought blair might ease your tension but alas, there is no tension relief when we know Cal is playing

McInnes is the type of player who benefits more from playing seniors than reserves. His leading patterns are great and he creates space behind him for our smaller forwards and he isn't even a forward, he's an inside mid. They are trying to help him gain confidence because they know that once his confidence grows, he's an extremely good player. The wraps on him in his junior days were huge, most good talents scouts rated him through the roof.
A lot rated Ugle-Hagan but that doesn’t means he is above being dropped.

I reckon Brown will be the sub at best. If he isn't i'll be scratching my head.
But the fact is, the sub usually comes from the emergency/interchange bench. Cal is named in the starting 18 so more in likely he wont be the sub.

But the fact is, the sub usually comes from the emergency/interchange bench. Cal is named in the starting 18 so more in likely he wont be the sub.

If that eventuates it's a stupid selection decision. Brown's been awful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mention King but let's not forget it was Corbett that kicked 4 last time we played them 🤮🤮🤮

Has only kicked 33 goals from 36 games to date.

Corbett’s out but their midfield gave him silver service and that’s where this game will be won or lost. Greenwood was massive that day, he’s gone so that’s 1 less player to worry about. They seem to have found handy replacements though. Ellis another that day. Need to stop him. Looks like they get Lukosius back.

If Henry comes in surely McInnes goes out… or at least to the sub bench. I know we don’t have a lot of options but a forward line with McInnes Henry ginnivan and mccreery is extremely inexperienced.

Henry (13-14 games) replacing Kreuger (5-6 games) makes the forward group more experienced than last week…. just saying

Last edited:
I think you may be guiding the lily a touch. McInnes went pick 25. Low roof unless good talent scouts don't work in AFL recruiting departments.

McInnes was touted as top 5 or top 10 going into his draft year. Actually slid due to injury.

McInnes was touted as top 5 or top 10 going into his draft year. Actually slid due to injury.
My memory is that in the previous year, he was seen as being in a similar range to where he went, but played a really good preseason trial game before covid hit and there was talk he could end up going really high. I doubt the injury impacted where he went as none of the Vic kids played that year. But covid meant that noone really was able to elevate their draft position from where they were ranked in the previous year. Someone like him, who played the previous year with Rowell, Anderson and Phillips dominating in the midfield, probably didn't get the opportunity to shine in his underage year that some other kids got and thus missed the opportunity to raise his draft position (good for us I suspect)

Last edited:
Henry (13-14 game) replacing Kreuger (5-6 games) makes the forward group more experienced than last week…. just saying

Just sayin what exactly?

Kreuger is about three years older and physically obviously a lot more developed than Henry.

At this stage of the season I think Henry and McInnes in the same forward line is a bad choice. Especially with the two small forwards also inexperienced. Time will tell to see what lineup they go with.

I think you may be guiding the lily a touch. McInnes went pick 25. Low roof unless good talent scouts don't work in AFL recruiting departments.

I'm very confident in my sources when it comes to under 18 talent. He wouldn't be the first player to slip through to a higher pick. you should be able to see enough yourself to know that he is going to be a special player. The list of players who went higher than they should is endless

Last edited:
My memory is that in the previous year, he was seen as being in a similar range to where he went, but played a really good preseason trial game before covid hit and there was talk he could end up going really high. I doubt the injury impacted where he went as none of the Vic kids played that year. But covid meant that noone really was able to elevate their draft position from where they were ranked in the previous year. Someone like him, who played the previous year with Rowell, Anderson and Phillips dominating in the midfield, probably didn't get the opportunity to shine in his underage year that some other kids got and thus missed the opportunity to raise his draft position (good for us I suspect)
He got 39 disposals and a BOG performance when Rowell Anderson and Phillips where at Vic Metro. Before that he had shown talent but played half forward and half back as they had better options ahead of him.

It was thought if he carried the form he carried when Rowell, Anderson and Phillips weren’t there in his top age year he could potentially be a top 5 pick. Obviously the season got canceled and his ability to consistently impact through the middle remains unknown so he went latter in the draft

McInnes was really poor but that goal was sweet. I think with Kreuger out people aren't looking at dropping a leading forward. Probably should be though. I actually think McInnes looked gassed from the first quarter. Like he'd had a big night or something, not saying he did, just my impression.
Although he did help to swing the game in our favour in the last quarter with his tackle on Parish late in the third.

Going to be a tough game to win. The suns beat us in Melbourne last year & will be confident of doing it again.
Witts will give their mids first use. If our pressure is even a little off it will be a long day.

I'm very confident in my sources when it comes to under 18 talent. He wouldn't be the first player to slip through to a higher pick. you should be able to see enough yourself to know that he is going to be a special player. The list of players who went higher than they should is endless
He's an exciting prospect, but when a kid goes pick 25, it's pretty definitive that not all the good judges rated him through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back