Autopsy Round 7 vs Richmond @ MARVEL - 30/04/23 - 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wanna give a shoutout to our Vic Army who were once again outstanding and loud at all times throughout the game. We could definitely hear you through the TV and it was fantastic to hear the GOOOOOOOLD COAST chant ringing around the ground in the final minute of the game when we knew we had it in the bag. It gave me flashbacks to our win against Collingwood at the 'G a few years back when our supporters gave them a taste of their own medicine by hitting them with the GOOOOOOOLD COAST chant in the last minute of the game :D

The commentators seemed to be in disbelief when it was happening at the end of the Richmond game and the fact that the match was shown nationally on CH7 just makes it even sweeter because our players and supporters really showed up when the most amount of eyes were on us. Awesome effort from everyone involved and you should all be proud of yourselves.
The 50-100 in the cheer squad area were 99% of the Suns fans at the game.

Never seen such a differential between 2 clubs numbers at a game.

Yeah yeah, That's what they all say

Book 'em SUNS

book-it-danno-jack-lord-orders-5nqswsfcxsn8tv62.gif

Burner account? What’s that? Search my name on Facebook.
I’m no pussy like a lot on here.

I dont hide behind any screen and keyboard 🤌
Haha All good Ben, only a joke.

Sack Dew account seems suss tho

go watch the kayo mini and watch Weller’s involvement in two critical plays last 10 minutes.

Makes the spoil when soldo tried chipping to a team mate in Richmond’s forward pocket with 8 minutes left.

Then in last goal to Ainsworth with 5 minutes left he is on the defensive side of the wing when rosas kicks it in board to anderson. Wellers run from behind draws a quick handball from anderson and allows play on, he dishes it to rowell who goes long inside 50.
Weller continues his run inside 50, receives a handball from sexton and gives it up to Ainsworth who kicks the goal. Dew mentioned he was put up around the ball in the last 10 minutes and had a few crucial plays.

Would love for something like that to get highlighted on the ‘footy analysis’ shows.

D Macs turnaround is nothing short of remarkable. I had him gone and delisted numerous times.
I'm so happy for him. The Club were happy to trade him off to North and he requested to stay and fight for his spot. He came to my sons training earlier this year and he's an awesome young man.
👏👏👏
He just doesn't give up on the play. He plays with utter desperation and while sometimes it comes back to bite him, he has found a way to funnel that into beating his opponent every week.
Helps that he is definitely one of the fittest players we have because he just out works anyone he plays on.
Also extremely happy for him, he is a fantastic bloke and it's good to see him get some reward.

No-the 4 2nd rounders were a disaster but you can't just bundle all the trades together and say they/re all bad
You also can't ignore the impact of a decent footballer wanting to come home
He is the best player to actually want to come to The Suns next to Ablett
Think about that because it's both pleasing;) and sad at the same time
edit: I always forget about The Witta-seems like he has always been a Sun
No doubt getting Ballard was a gift from the gods at pick 42 or whatever it was. And Weller has proven to be a great get.

Last edited:
Seems to be a fair bit of confusion with recent postings.

RowellAnderson12 made the comment that “Sack Dew account seems suss tho”

I requested that he explains his reason for my account being suss.

No reply yet.

Ha ha yeah
Ben hardly needs a burner Sack Dew account:p
Just as an aside
That commentary team yesterday
Lloyd and Brown - 2 of the cheerleaders for the I Hate Gold Coast Suns Club
Just an occasional bit of knowledge about an individual Suns player please?
They seem to have Cliff notes for every single Richmond player
So much blah blah blah about second rate Richmond players just because they're Richmond players
Vent off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha yeah
Ben hardly needs a burner Sack Dew account:p
Just as an aside
Just an occasional bit of knowledge about an individual Suns player please?
They seem to have Cliff notes for every single Richmond player
So much blah blah blah about second rate Richmond players just because they're Richmond players
Vent off
Was Lloyd even on the commentary team?
I heard Campbell brown and Nathan jones as the special comments.
Jason Bennett and someone else can’t remember as the main callers.

Jones was quite good in his general analysis of game styles, strengths and weakness of both teams etc. actually liked what he said.

They did call Ainsworth Fiorini about 3 times.

In the after game show in the studio Dal Santo and co made it obvious they had never watched the Suns. Dal Santo was talking about macpherson as a forward/midfielder still!

Just as an aside
Campbell Brown had a few jabs at us yesterday while on commentary and genuinely sounded like he was still bitter about the way things ended. I also heard him on Armchair Experts on Friday night and he called us "the most irrelevant team in the AFL" when the question was whether that tag now represented North or GWS. It's sad to see a former player of ours taking unnecessary jabs and he can't just be happy for his former teammates when they have some success at a club that's been starved of it. Very unprofessional of him to carry on like that but no one down there is going to call him out for it so he'll just get away with it. Having said that, best way to keep him (and our other detractors) quiet is to win and that's what we did.

Campbell Brown had a few jabs at us yesterday while on commentary and genuinely sounded like he was still bitter about the way things ended. I also heard him on Armchair Experts on Friday night and he called us "the most irrelevant team in the AFL" when the question was whether that tag now represented North or GWS. It's sad to see a former player of ours taking unnecessary jabs and he can't just be happy for his former teammates when they have some success at a club that's been starved of it. Very unprofessional of him to carry on like that but no one down there is going to call him out for it so he'll just get away with it. Having said that, best way to keep him (and our other detractors) quiet is to win and that's what we did.
Happy enough to be represented as a suns legend in afl 23

A good win. I was a bit pessimistic how we will go against Tigers who were impressive against Demons for 3 quarters a week ago. But we controlled the game most of the time. That short chipping works :p We missed again easy shots early (bloody hell, Ainsworth's snap shot did not even cross the line) but thanks God we improved as the game went on. We were able to slow things down when needed.

Positives

The team played as a unit well, only a couple of players are in my negatives. We were able to adjust, did not panic, controlled the game. We looked reasonably confident. Midfield did decent job without Miller.

Defence was the best so far this season. Powell was simply stunning. Ballard also took it to another level.

Atkins – who would expect his good performance. There is an interview with him on codesports website.

Witts – I had a feeling after donating a goal he got upset with himself and played out of his skin.

Fiorini – I thought he did well in the middle.

Davies – was good IMO.

Rosas – was great when he came in as sub. Happy to see that.

Great set shots from King.

Negatives

Humphrey – Nothing he touched worked. But we forgive him.

Chol – simply not good enough effort. Stop complaining about deliveries. Bad look. I would send him to VFL again. Time for Burgess. That will teach him a lesson. Haha.

Sexton - did not really take his chance. It will be interesting to see if he stays.
“What a funny old fellow is Humphrey…”

The oldies here might get that reference!

He just doesn't give up on the play. He plays with utter desperation and while sometimes it comes back to bite him, he has found a way to funnel that into beating his opponent every week.
Helps that he is definitely one of the fittest players we have because he just out works anyone he plays on.
Also extremely happy for him, he is a fantastic bloke and it's good to see him get some reward.
I’ve been one of DMac’s critics but he is getting back to his best form of a few years ago. He just hustles and bustles.

I’ve been one of DMac’s critics but he is getting back to his best form of a few years ago. He just hustles and bustles.
Back to?

Feel free to accuse me of being caught in the moment, but I reckon he is playing his best football at the moment. And yes, the fact he was a place Getter in our best and fairest a few years ago does not pass me by.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back