Autopsy Round 7 vs * - what did you learn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy s**t I'm good
Prediction
Notwithstanding their win over Melbourne, * have been poor in 2016 - particularly in attack, where they have scored less points for any other side. They've had their moments, keeping a very dangerous Geelong side to only 72 points, but there were signs of what is to come when Collingwood put 142 past them.

Its a crucial opportunity for Sydney to gain percentage in a year with a very cluttered top 8. The Swans midfield must be too good for *, with Franklin leading them to an 81 point victory.

I'm #HAAWNEYFORHEENEY

I know I post this every week but goddamn it can you blame me.

Last edited:

Positives:

1. Heeney enough said..will be the best player in the AFL in a few years
2. Papley is so critical keeping it in 50
3. Hanners and Parks good too
4. Better from McVeigh

Negatives

1. I'm not drunk enough to forget the first half
2. McGlynn although better butchered it all game.
3. Too handball happy
4. General effort was poor in the 1st half

Really liked Jones' game tonight...both offensively and defensively. The way he attacks the game through the corridor is really pleasing. Heeney is a freak. Really glad to see McVeigh find form as well.

Disappointed in McGlynn, zero tackles that's just not good enough. Cunningham needs to do more as well.

Hopefully we take that second half momentum into the Tigers' match next week.

Franklin's 6 goals puts him equal 16th on the all-time goal kicking leader-board. He's also averaging 4.15 goals per game this season. The last time he averaged 4 goals or more during the season he kicked 100 that year.

He could very well kick over 80+ goals by the end of the finals series. At this rate he's almost certain to overtake Kevin Bartlett by seasons end.

12. Kevin Bartlett 403 games - 778 goals
13. Saverio Rocca 257 games - 748 goals
14. Barry Hall 289 games - 746 goals
15. Stephen Kernahan 251 games - 738 goals
16: Lance Franklin 228 games - 735 goals (3.22 goals per game)
17. Bill Mohr 195 games - 735 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Imagine if Heeney was lost to the NRL. What a waste ... :eek:
2. Really happy with Macca's second half.
3. Looking forward to having Reid forward.
4. Buddy is enjoying himself. :cool:

- Jones impressed me with his drive off half back - best game for the season from him.
- McGlynn I would drop but who comes in for him if Rohan isn't fit? Towers? Jack the younger? We likely have Robinson out as it is so not much scope for changes due to form in anycase.
- The smaller backline impressed giving up only the two goals to "taller" forwards
- Midfield made the difference in the second half just by stepping up their input

Wouldn't object to seeing a combination of McGlynn, Cunningham and Hewett having a go in the 2s next week.

Does Teddy come back?
Richards will be back...maybe a straight swap for Robinson. Wouldn't mind seeing B.Jack and/or Towers come in...could really do with their pace on the wide expanses of the MCG. The Tigers looked desperately slow last night as well so could be a good way to expose them.

Wouldn't object to seeing a combination of McGlynn, Cunningham and Hewett having a go in the 2s next week.

Does Teddy come back?

Mcglynn is he stays in forward arc is more than handy
Id have hewett stay he works hard and him and papley will always be up and down early days

Cunningham is consistently average to poor so should go if someone did, but robinson will be forced out i expect

Pretty annoying game actually. Terrible kicks going inside 50 still.

Rohan for McGlynn please, Atleast there will be same output but with an upside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learnt

Mills needs some freedom, forget the half back crap horse
Too many swans forward collide every week
Heeney franklin superstars
Mcveigh pissweak esrly but better as game went, is crucial as he gets fit
Jpk looked like himself
Jones played a good game think mcveigh in does help

I cant stand another dunstall or derm call for a swans game, let alone both

1. Zac Jones was very good today and with Rohan in that backline our rebound will be lightening
2. Mc Veigh is confirmed as NOT a defender with zero tackles playing on a kid in his first game and is better for us up the ground
3. Heeney is an impossible match up
4. Sinkers covered a lot of ground like a mid and should have had four goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back