Game Day Round 7: West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Trados, Sunday 2/5 @ West Coast Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those players are making a symbol that is currently a white supremacist symbol. The question need to be asked.
Except one of the players making the symbol is black. Clearly something else is at play here. Time to move on.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty sure some redditers saturated the internet with posts about this symbol being a white supremacists symbol as a form of gaslighting .

You are perpetuating this bullshit .

It is the punch game that is it don't be a ❄

It started as a 4chan prank, but has since been appropriated by the far-right as a real nod-and-wink code though. I'm sure it's innocent here, but the club should have a chat. If you were accidentally doing something that could be interpreted as a Nazi code, wouldn't you want to know and not do that thing in future?

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty sure some redditers saturated the internet with posts about this symbol being a white supremacists symbol as a form of gaslighting .

You are perpetuating this bullshit .

It is the punch game that is it don't be a ❄

Edit it was 4chan not reddit
Yes I’m a snowflake for suggesting it’s probably not a good look for the club from a PR perspective. OK brah.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I haven't read all the replies but I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough that it was tongue in cheek. I cropped Jones out of the photo, who's an indigenous player, and was doing the exact same signal.

Has never meant anything race-related in Australia, surely we all remember it from high school/boarding school?
Hope it didn’t come across as me having a crack at you. You’re all good, the other guy is the one who’s got questions to answer.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
It started as a 4chan prank, but has since been appropriated by the far-right as a real nod-and-wink code though. I'm sure it's innocent here, but the club should have a chat. If you were accidentally doing something that could be interpreted as a Nazi code, wouldn't you want to know and not do that thing in future?
Since been appropriated by the far right ?

You sound like a conspiracy theory nut job

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Uhuh, that's what I said - ask, move on.
1619956700086.png

Ask what? Why JJ is a white supremacist?

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
View attachment 1117473

Ask what? Why JJ is a white supremacist?
Nope. Just ask, "hey boys, what's the symbol for? This symbol has been hijacked by the right and there's no shortage of left wokesters and trouble makers who will try and make a political statement about it. So can you find another symbol?"

There's a few people here saying I'm making a big deal about nothing but I think there's other people jumping to conclusions and making a big deal about not much.....

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Nope. Just ask, "hey boys, what's the symbol for? This symbol has been hijacked by the right and there's no shortage of left wokesters and trouble makers who will try and make a political statement about it. So can you find another symbol?"

There's a few people here saying I'm making a big deal about nothing but I think there's other people jumping to conclusions and making a big deal about not much.....
The only people who jump to conclusions are woke SJW's on Twitter.

Those people should just retreat to their safe space and stay there.

It's seriously an old game.

Next time someone uses the actual 'OK' symbol are you going to ask why they're using a gesture offensive to Brazilians?

How about the old Thumbs Up which is the same as the middle finger to West Africans and people in the Middle East?

This s**t about getting offended over nothing needs to stop.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
You do realise Jones was doing the symbol also ? Is he a white supremacist too

Its a snowflake move to perpetuate this cancel culture BS .
I didn’t say or believe any of the players are white supremacists but clearly you’re one of these perpetually outraged types and got the blinkers on a bit.

Have a good night

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
The only people who jump to conclusions are woke SJW's on Twitter.
Those people should just retreat to their safe space and stay there.
It's seriously an old game.
Next time someone uses the actual 'OK' symbol are you going to ask why they're using a gesture offensive to Brazilians?
How about the old Thumbs Up which is the same as the middle finger to West Africans and people in the Middle East?
This sh*t about getting offended over nothing needs to stop.
Let's be real clear about this: I'm not offended. I'm not woke. I'm not a leftie.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Let's be real clear about this: I'm not offended. I'm not woke. I'm not a leftie.
I'm not saying you are.

I'm saying that people who get offended by this s**t and think it should be censored are no different to the Nazis they condemned for burning books. Just because your 'ideology' is 'left' or 'right' doesn't mean it's decent.

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm not saying you are.

I'm saying that people who get offended by this sh*t and think it should be censored are no different to the Nazis they condemned for burning books. Just because your 'ideology' is 'left' or 'right' doesn't mean it's decent.
I agree. I have zero time for wokesters. But if we had players rocking a racist symbol, I'd have a problem, therefore I need to ask. It was clarified, I thought we were going to move on, but then the righteous righties came in a starting trying pulling some leftie cancel culture s**t on my ass.

I think we can all move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back