Game Day Round 7: West Coast Vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

It'll be great to inject Venables and Ryan back into this side for a bit more cutting edge. Could make a mess of a few teams in the back half of the season.
in an ideal world, the kids currently playing make those two earn their sports back via wafl.

I think 7's just turned the crowd noise down a heap. Anyone at the game who can tell us if the crowd is quiet or if it's just 7?

Whole atmosphere seemed flatter today. Wife and I both noticed a few less decibels for pre-game music, goal surround sound noticeably quieter as well as post game music. Might have upset some hearing aids.

Time to turn the volume up again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They're probably best 22, aren't they?
fully fit but i don't want to see them walk into the side after 3 months off. I like both of them but they should be made to earn their spots. Will push the curent youngsters as well as lecca/ cripps.

Cripps will most likely lose his spot think about it

Ryan jk lecras
Rioli jd venables/petch/waterman

I’d like to keep petch but we have no spots. Unless we throw Venables to mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lecca's been Brilliant this year.

Cripps is solid but could quickly be overtaken by more skillful and quicker players. Will need to take his game to the next level.

That makes Cole our Judd incarnate then right?

HYv2M_o3k5rzq3OpHelNbgN9dde3VvrP0FHgy9X4pGzKIlG-V9dALyeWJw8OQoSMGHwBbIPkppQDIId712rjhqiHmqxf0nozabrxcsNZ=w371-h200-nc

Rioli has steadily improved every game he plays. By my reckoning kicked or set up six goals against port.

He has some weaknesses but I can't remember ever seeing a first year player who is so reliable and so confident with those hit up kicks to leading forwards trying to find a way through a flood. He's actually better suited to congestion than open spaces, because his ground level and foot skills are off the charts. Simply put he creates score opportunities where there are none- watching him stand 60m out with a flooded forward line in front of him, take his time and casually put it on the tit of a leading forward working into phonebox sized hole in the defence is just an absolute joy.

He's already got a very bright future but if he can turn 10 and 15 disposal games into 20 disposal games he will be one of the very best players in the league because he has an incredible ability to put the ball exactly where he wants it and can punish key defenders who zone off.

Last edited:
Rioli has steadily improved every game he plays. By my reckoning kicked or set up six goals against port.

He has some weaknesses but I can't remember ever seeing a first year player who is so reliable and so confident with those hit up kicks to leading forwards trying to find a way through a flood. He's actually better suited to congestion than open spaces, because his ground level and foot skills are off the charts. Simply put he creates score opportunities where there are none.

He's already got a very bright future but if he can turn 10 and 15 disposal games into 20 disposal games he will be one of the very best players in the league because he has an incredible ability to put the ball exactly where he wants it.

Yep - has incredibly rare traits - vision, speed, nous, touch, skill, silk - On Kerr/S.Mitchell's level.

If he get's his body lean, strong and ripped - watch out.

Love seeing our young guys actually have an influence, doing the hard stuff and contribute like they all have been. That stems from Simmo having the confidence in them to do their job (and not recruiting vanilla), never would have thought we would see Venables start at the centre bounce in his first game of AFL footy against one of the better midfields in the AFL in a round 1 game. And then seeing Rioli starting in the centre a few times this season and Petch out on the wing is great.

Anyone still want Simmo fired? There were quite a few after round 1 but they seem to have gone missing, should we all chip in and get some milk cartons and fliers made up for these posters? Also the players we’ve brought into the side this year were all drafted since Simmo has joined the recruitment team and Rawlings became the LM.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back