Game Day Round 7: West Coast vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite getting it done each week but this a lot more exciting to watch than the last couple of seasons.

Lewis was our most in-form midfielder alongside Swanson. Playing her as a tagger was absolutely baffling.
Disagree. You have to try and limit Conti and as Biggie and I discussed in the grandstand, Conti will show her where to go.

All good - this year is so so much better that last season and we are in the games for longer.

* those ******* umpires tonight

Also if you don’t think this team has improved - you’ve got no idea or haven’t watched the team in the seasons prior.

There’s plenty here to like.

Miguel Sanchez understand that pov most definitely re Bella, I thought it was a good move to make her understand where to run and just how much running is required (hurt my DT score though lol)

Negative - Humphries is a big old ball burner and is a placeholder. Bullas time is up. Offers little to nothing

These losses do hurt, but gee I can see a bright future.

YTG

Yeah I guess, she doesn’t seem to have had any trouble finding the ball recently though.
Aisling went to Ellie McKenzie

Bella went to Conti

Prior is a dick but I can see why he made this move.

Roberts still teasing at this point.

But given how much improvement Thomas made in her marking this year, if Roberts shows the same improvement she will be phenomenal.

Also, her hands and her teammates need to catch up to her eyes.

She has butchered a number of handballs over the season, but almost always, you can see she has seen something from the middle of a pack most players wouldn't see, but the receiver either isn't expecting it, or her quick hands are just off.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

The girls need to get rid of the half dozen clumsy, in the back tackles and over zealous/crude jumping on opposition players when they are on the ground, free kicks that they seem to give away every week.

But wow the team has certainly improved and when they get the execution right they look very good.

Got some terrific young girls in Lakay, Thomas, Rowley and Roberts.

A bit of an unheralded player on our list, but Sophie McDonald has improved a lot this season and at 22, she looks like a good KPD for us going forward.

Disappointing not to win, but a lot to like about the teams development and progression this season. :thumbsu:

Went to the game tonight and there was a lot to like from the youngsters.
Keep that group of Lewis, Thomas, Rowley, Lakay, Roberts and throw in L Wakfer and you’ve got a nucleus of a top side of the coaching and development is solid.
Apart from numerous holding the balls missed to both sides, I thought the free kick count was relevant to the clumsy entry into contests by many WC players and hopefully this will improve with experience and good coaching.
As a poster pointed out, Richmond did look physically stronger but that’s not surprising with a young list.

This occurs league wide. And boy it’s frustrating.
I can't help but feel there is directives from above to be lenient on htb..... It appears to be prevalent in every single game league wide.

Didn't get to watch the game as I'm on nightshift, did scope Swannies goal though, GOTY contender surely. Thomas should be a lock for rising star, Rowley too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back