Preview Round 7: Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, Docklands, Sunday 01/05/2022 @ 3:20 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ideal team from the players selected would be

B: Laverde Zerk Kelly
HB: Ridley Reid Hind
C: Redman Caldwell Zerrett
HF: Perkins Cox Martin
F: Durham Wright Guelfi
R: Bryan Stringer Parish
Int: Heppell Draper McGrath Shiel

Emergencies: Hobbs Waterman Baldwin Cutler

Think I've got the 26 right.

Like for Cox at CHF
Dislike for Hobbs omitted

I actually think we've made it.

Of the 8 man bench named:

Out: BZT, Hind, Cutler and Baldwin
In: REID, BRYAN
No change: Shiel, Caldwell
Sub: who cares, Hind or Cutler.

Wright is when he doesn't need to ruck. Waterman will absorb as much as Baldwin is currently capable of.

Reid is playing as soon as he is fit. I can see how 1 more week might be required. Whether Laverde is injured is largely irrelevant.

Add Stewart, Langford, Jones, Tippa, Tex and Voss to the mix by the bye and we're looking at a very enjoyable second half of the year, I think with results that will be a considerable improvement.

Last edited:
a slow heppell.

That's Captain Slow to you

top gear v8 GIF

I actually think we've made it.

Of the 8 man bench named:

Out: BZT, Hind, Cutler and Baldwin
In: REID, BRYAN
No change: Shiel, Caldwell
Sub: who cares, Hind or Cutler.

Wright is when he doesn't need to ruck. Waterman will absorb as much as Baldwin is currently capable of.

Reid is playing as soon as he is fit. I can see how 1 more week might be required. Whether Laverde is injured is largely irrelevant.

Add Stewart, Langford, Jones, Tippa, Tex and Voss to the mix by the bye and we're looking at a very enjoyable second half of the year, I think with results that will be a considerable improvement.
This sounds about right.

Also, both Reid and Bryan are featured on the squad release graphics/write up/social media stuff, which they don't usually do if they're expecting them to be emergencies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe we actually had the balls to drop Shiel. Can't say it's the wrong move either.

I'm guessing there's like a 75% chance he'll come into the team either as a late in (for Parish?) or a sub, but still, brave call.
Sounds like Shiel might have covid anyway, along with Heppell. Might have some interesting late changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back