Women's Footy Round 7a, 2022 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Jade Ellenger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zimmorlei Farquharson

• Tahlia Hickie

• Breanna Koenen

• Phoebe Monahan

• Lucinda Pullar

• Ruby Svarc

• Indy Tahau

• Jesse Wardlaw

• Luka Yoshida-Martin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to laugh when the Suns player gathered the ball to have another go at kicking it - isn’t AusKick!
I believe if the ball hadn't entered the field of play (i.e. across the vertical plane of the boundary line) it could be retaken. Might be mistaken on this one.

Imagine nobody wanting Phoebe Mognahan.

That has me genuinely perplexed. What were Richmond thinking by delisting her?! Do they really have such a large amount of depth to their team that Monaghan is superfluous??

I'd go over to the tigers board and ask but I've been banned. Would love an explanation from a tigers fan.

I hope the Bombers don't poach her next season.

Why would she want to play for them? She'd be going back to square 1, a new team learning to play together with no chance of a flag anytime soon. We made the GF in our 1st year but we're the Brisbane Lions not some shitty load of nothing like essendon.

That has me genuinely perplexed. What were Richmond thinking by delisting her?! Do they really have such a large amount of depth to their team that Monaghan is superfluous??

I'd go over to the tigers board and ask but I've been banned. Would love an explanation from a tigers fan.
Yeah it’s mind boggling, she is just rock solid. I tend not to interact with with Richmond supporters unless it’s completely necessary.

Yeah it’s mind boggling, she is just rock solid. I tend not to interact with with Richmond supporters unless it’s completely necessary.
I think she is getting better with every game she plays.
And is fitting into the system with aplomb.

I think she is getting better with every game she plays.
And is fitting into the system with aplomb.
I think that Phoebe is a bit slow compared to some players, but what she is the prototypical footballer. Knows where to go, knows when body and is a good kick.
If I had a guess, she was delisted from Richmond because she wasn't considered to be athletic enough - some coaches just don't get that you need people in the team who can pick up the ball, handball to the target and be able to kick at least 35 m (AFLW adjusted).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely look like the best team in the comp. Would not be surprised if we see another Lions v Crows final.
Watching the crows v dogs last week, I'd say the dogs would be up there too. Both those teams much more accurate in front of goal than us. Like the mens team, the ladies need to sharpen that aspect. Then they'd be unbeatable.

Watching the crows v dogs last week, I'd say the dogs would be up there too. Both those teams much more accurate in front of goal than us. Like the mens team, the ladies need to sharpen that aspect. Then they'd be unbeatable.

I don't think it's any coincidence that we kicked one of the highest scores in aflw history in the first game with no crazy wind.

Why would she want to play for them? She'd be going back to square 1, a new team learning to play together with no chance of a flag anytime soon. We made the GF in our 1st year but we're the Brisbane Lions not some shitty load of nothing like essendon.
It happened when Norf came along with a few of our girls playing in their local league. I believe Anderson plays for the Bombers in our off-season. That is my only knowledge of Anderson/Bombres. Hope it doesn't happen but history suggests such things are possible.

golly who to pick... who to pick...

dawes was magnificent early on espeically, bates great, orla and svarc set us up so many times...

great spread of players
Dawes is so clean with her hands on the lose ball gets ...rarely fumbles and tho not super speedy she seems to break from the pack easily.

Back