Preview Round 8 – GWS Giants vs West Coast Eagles, Saturday 12th May 2018, Spotless Stadium, 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit this is really frustrating that players who miss a week here or there (precaution - No issue) - end up being multiple weeks = something doesn't seem right IMO....

GIANTS v West Coast Eagles
Spotless Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Saturday May 12 at 1:45pm
FB: Nick Haynes, Phil Davis, Heath Shaw
HB: Aidan Corr, Jeremy Finlayson, Lachie Whitfield
C: Sam Reid, Stephen Coniglio, Tim Taranto
HF: Daniel Lloyd, Harry Himmelberg, Dylan Shiel
FF: Lachie Keeffe, Jeremy Cameron, Matt de Boer
RR: Rory Lobb, Jacob Hopper, Callan Ward
Interchange: Ryan Griffen, Zac Langdon, Isaac Cumming, Adam Tomlinson
In: Rory Lobb, Jeremy Cameron, Isaac Cumming (debutant)
Out: Dylan Buckley, Jon Patton, Nick Shipley (omitted)
Emergencies: Dawson Simpson, Harry Perryman, Tim Mohr, Dylan Buckley

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Massive statement dropping the General but clearly an edict that blokes can't coast and assume their spots are safe even with so many injuries.

Tomlinson very lucky to have escaped on the same score (36 fantasy points) despite Leon singling him out for his great defensive job on that superstar Menegola.

Massive statement dropping the General but clearly an edict that blokes can't coast and assume their spots are safe even with so many injuries.

Tomlinson very lucky to have escaped on the same score (36 fantasy points) despite Leon singling him out for his great defensive job on that superstar Menegola.
Lockdown roles rarely bring SC or AFLF points tbh, he had a more decent game than plenty who "outscored" him

I've actually lost focus on whether we win or lose this week, with Cummins debut. :cool: No doubt it'll return once it's all sorted. Organising a small group from home and stocking up on the vitamin b.
Have to call the club tomorrow with the numbers sorted. Perusing the tkts available on the map only two aisles of the Martin and Angus Stand are available up high. On the Oppo side. Where I sit in the Members stand up high is always got loads of space. Hoping to do something there.

Where's the $100 skydeck offer from last week when you need it.

Man I am pumped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're spot on there. He looks happy being a role player when you think he could do much more (hunt the ball, break some line, back himself in).
18 months ago Corr could also be seen motoring out of the backline , but he too has settled for a 100% shut-down role. However, defence has been fairly sound so far so probably not much change.

And Patton got dropped but it could have easily been HH. Neither are in form.

download (41).jpg

Fun fact

Isaac, Lachie Tiziani and Kobe Mutch all come from the North Broken Hill Bulldogs and were assisted by the Academy. The difference is Isaac chose to grow up at home, which simply wouldn't have been possible prior to the Giants academy, for a kid with AFL ambitions.

Last edited:
Some required changes and hard to argue with them.

Surprised Sam Reid survived again, he must have photos of Leon with a goat. Dead weight.

Not sure what other options are available for the coaches after Reid although he could be in the team till the bye and then I would think with the injured players returning and the likes of Perryman and Bonar ready to step up
Edit: also Kennedy and Buntine will be pushing for selection in the second half of the season
I am concerned that they have persisted with the 3 talls forward set up as with Tomlinson in the team I think he can be used as a backup ruck and the marking target down the line, Patton and Cameron in form with the smalls around is our best forward setup i believe as HH needs to be impacting around the ground more or kicking more goals
Also with Bonar not in the emergencies this week, not playing NEAFL last weekend, and not in the injury list whether it was just a minor tweak before the NEAFL game but he does need a continuity of games to push for selection so hopefully he is named for the NEAFL

Last edited:
Thoughts on how the defence will line up? WC have a scary high scoring forward line
Kennedy Davis
Darling Tomlinson
Waterman Corr
Mcinnes Finlayson/Haynes
Lecras Finlayson/Haynes
Rioli Shaw/6th defender
Cripps Shaw/6th defender

Have a feeling Lobb plays as second ruck mainly out of the goal square.
Keefe to ruck cause he can’t play forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back