AFL Toast Round 8: 17 Point Win against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I seemed to have quoted the wrong person unfortunately i have continued last nights festivities into today and am now greener than a cucumber.

Haha, all good mate. I think most of us are still basking in the afterglow of last night's win.

Despite the up and down season so far for us, we can't be unhappy knocking off Hawthorn, Collingwood and Geelong season to date.

Thanks, I thought it would be something like that because I didn't think all of his disposals were clangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did wonder if he's a bit caught between what they want him to be (more attacking) and what he has traditionally been (defensive stopper/spoiler).

I did wonder if he's a bit caught between what they want him to be (more attacking) and what he has traditionally been (defensive stopper/spoiler).
Yeah it could be. Although his natural game, where he punches the ball 20 meters forward could benefit the team from an attacking perspective as well. (also has the added benefit of his opponent not marking the ball).

When he was dropped from the main team after the first couple of games he was considered 'stiff' by many on here. His confidence could have therefore suffered as a result (he looked to be playing better in the first two games this year, rather than the last two)

Fair enough.

I thought he was average at the start of the year and looked like he was way off the pace.

I think the selection committee would be doing it for his own development and obviously for the good of the team.

The thing that I've noticed when I have seen him at both VFL and AFL level is he doesn't look to be enjoying himself. He may be having some off field issues that we aren't aware of or something.

That aside, he's young and he's still tracking well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven't read the entire thread but Matt dea deserves a mention. Was not sold on him but he lit it up on Saturday night. Intercept marking, positioning, body work, left his man at he right time. Impressed
Yep. Meant to mention it earlier. Was excellent.

Haven't read the entire thread but Matt dea deserves a mention. Was not sold on him but he lit it up on Saturday night. Intercept marking, positioning, body work, left his man at he right time. Impressed

I agree.

He's an unfashionable type that just gets the job done.

Could be handy with his aerial ability to help out with Kennedy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll help everyone out: it's ok to make fun of people for the number of subcutaneous fat cells they have or for having pheomelanin in their hair cells. But not for the amount of melanin produced by their skin cells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But what about visceral fat? Is that ok too, or too far?

And while we're at it eth-dog lets cut out the fatlop jibes and the jokes about Greens obesity (whaleman, absolutely flabulous, who ate all the pies, fat ranga campaigner, are some I've heard).

The body fascism on this board is out of control.
Funny thing was during last year preseason I walked into my local burger joint and sat down when a minute later Motlop rolled in and ordered a burger. The day before he had been in the addy not looking in the best shape. Lol. Then his girlfriend rolled up and what a beautiful fit woman. Toungues were sent wagging. My burger was nice by the way.

Also in gtown his knickname is Tradebait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole Hartley argument could be a moo point in a couple of weeks anyway. If Stewart keeps his form going and the MC keep the faith, I can see Hooker going back to replace Hartley.

Stewart forward and Hooker back seems a better combo that Hooker forward and Hartley back to me. When Ambrose is fit, he can come in for Dea/Baguley

316d25058a6e065343e033fe3dc65940.gif

Funny thing was during last year preseason I walked into my local burger joint and sat down when a minute later Motlop rolled in and ordered a burger. The day before he had been in the addy not looking in the best shape. Lol. Then his girlfriend rolled up and what a beautiful fit woman. Toungues were sent wagging. My burger was nice by the way.

Also in gtown his knickname is Tradebait.
I actually saw him in Albury just before his gut was publicised. I think I may have posted on here that he was quite portly.

Nope. Got myself a ripper head cold and stayed clear of the alcohol, so my liver is fine but my sinuses not so much :p
Well at least you'd have felt marginally better after the win.

Wasn't surprised with the last qtr surge, infact I expected it given the 6 day/perth heat turnaround....but s**t I didnt need the stress.

Really impressed with the clutch goals to halt their comeback...

That Fantasia swoop & one hand scoop & dish to Joe with the finish got me HARRRRRDDD!!

Here, here....jury was out. Was outstanding tho. Still think it's a horses for courses basis with him, but provided we can find that small/plays tall match up for him, he gets a game.

Hill/Lecras comes to mind next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back