Game Day Round 8 2016, Sydney v Richmond - replay on 7Mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we to blame for Richmond dynasty?

We were to blame for the Geelong and Hawthorn dynasties in a sense - they both won three flags after devastating finals losses to us ;)

All he had to do was kick it to Franklin who was screaming for it 15m away instead he bombs long :(
I was at that game, ALL the players including our captains were telling him to bomb it long.

We still would have won should the ball not have had that magic bounce in the end to Reiwoldt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at that game, ALL the players including our captains were telling him to bomb it long.

We still would have won should the ball not have had that magic bounce in the end to Reiwoldt

So was I. I don't really see what happens anyway. Buddy would have been forced to kick it long from the next kick anyway. It wasn't like there was 5 seconds to go. There was no way he was going to find a perfect kick (although i do concede his kicking is better than poor old Dean's). The only thing Dean could have done better was go nearer to the boundary. But it wasn't like we didnt have 10 guys at the drop of the ball. We still failed to kill it there. Anyway water under the bridge

So was I. I don't really see what happens anyway. Buddy would have been forced to kick it long from the next kick anyway. It wasn't like there was 5 seconds to go. There was no way he was going to find a perfect kick (although i do concede his kicking is better than poor old Dean's). The only thing Dean could have done better was go nearer to the boundary. But it wasn't like we didnt have 10 guys at the drop of the ball. We still failed to kill it there. Anyway water under the bridge
Fans liked to crap on Deano. Pretty sure people were blaming Deano for us losing to the Hawks later in the season too.

Fans liked to crap on Deano. Pretty sure people were blaming Deano for us losing to the Hawks later in the season too.
There was a passage of play in one game that perfectly encompassed the myth of Dean Towers.

He worked to a pack, got the ball from a handpass iirc, bursts away faster than anyone around him, clean air, goes to take a bounce... and the ball bounced away from him.

Worked hard, had moments of "is this his moment?" only for a lack of polish to let him down

Ah this game, after Towers kicked it long if you watch closely you'll notice Hampson(?) having Tippett basically in a headlock.

Somewhere in parallel universe that free gets paid and Tippett kicks the sealer, Towers is remembered as the guy who caught Dustin Martin holding the ball in the final minute of the game and wins the match. So many sliding doors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back