Review Round 8, 2017: North Ballarat Roosters v Box Hill Hawks, 11 June 2017, 1.00pm @ Eureka Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

He played like a close-checking 3rd tall defender. Didn't make mistakes, defended well. I don't see what the issue is with him.
You also couldn't see the issue with Tom Schnieder and said the club would rue delisting him.

For some players, the VFL is their limit.

Saw that one. Did Glass spend some time in the middle? One of the commentators said he was in the centre for the next bounce. Gutsy win for Box Hill considering all the outs. Only saw the last quarter, and have to say Mitch Lewis has some presence.
Yes, agreed.

Lewis looked good today and there is a fair bit to work with. Can't wait to see him with another preseason or two under his belt.

You also couldn't see the issue with Tom Schnieder and said the club would rue delisting him.

For some players, the VFL is their limit.

Tom had obvious limitations with size, speed, kicking depth. I just thought he could still overcome those.

What are Heatherley's fatal deficiencies?

1.92 is a good size for a third tall defender, speed also good.
Technique is a bit different, but it seems effective.
Positioning is probably his weakness.
There is more to height than how tall you are.

If you read what the regular watchers have said, his skills and technique are not a great problem with the speed of the VFL. The AFL is a whole other problem.

Pretty sure Ayden Kennedy didn't snag four?

Peter Jackson VFL 2017

North Ballarat 2.2 5.3 7.5 11.9 (75)
Box Hill Hawks 4.5 6.10 9.14 12.16 (88)

GOALS:
North Ballarat: Hooper 4 George 3 Austin Wheelahan Edwards Walters
Box Hill Hawks: Kennedy 4 Bond 2 Glass 2 Murphy Evans Moore Vickery

BEST:
North Ballarat: Lusby Cassidy Hausler Edwards Payne Hooper
Box Hill Hawks: Heatherley Moore Kennedy Glass Miles Pittonet

Pretty sure Ayden Kennedy didn't snag four?

Peter Jackson VFL 2017

North Ballarat 2.2 5.3 7.5 11.9 (75)
Box Hill Hawks 4.5 6.10 9.14 12.16 (88)

GOALS:
North Ballarat: Hooper 4 George 3 Austin Wheelahan Edwards Walters
Box Hill Hawks: Kennedy 4 Bond 2 Glass 2 Murphy Evans Moore Vickery

BEST:
North Ballarat: Lusby Cassidy Hausler Edwards Payne Hooper
Box Hill Hawks: Heatherley Moore Kennedy Glass Miles Pittonet
No, it'd have to be Jones.

Glass's game was very much what he provided when I saw him in the praccy against Essendon. Has very good hands, exceptional balance and reads the play very well. Knows when and where to run*.

Still has a way to go though.

*only applies when you add in an experience handicap to his performance.

Glass's game was very much what he provided when I saw him in the praccy against Essendon. Has very good hands, exceptional balance and reads the play very well. Knows when and where to run*.

Still has a way to go though.

*only applies when you add in an experience handicap to his performance.

Shown as 189cm and 84Kg on the website; I wonder if he has gained a little, and also if he is being groomed for a role in the midfield. 2 good goals today by Conor. I would really like to see him have a couple of games at AFL level this year.

Pittonet is an absolute monster in the ruck contests this year. Has come along in leaps and bounds in that department and is doing it mostly solo. Follows up with some crunching tackles too. The only time he's gotten beaten this year was when he came back from injury.

But he really needs to work on adding more strings to his bow. Isn't really taking the marks or having the forward impact that our recent ruck division have been known for. I dare say if he could develop that he'll be our #1 ruck in the coming years.

Half back flank with stints starting at the center bounce.

He's providing plenty of run up to around the half forward area.

Sweet as!

This is exactly what we need out of our backline.

Considering injuries SL, is he a chance to debut this year from what you've seen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember being disappointed when we delisted Schneider, but he seems to have disappeared off the radar completely.... I can't see Hanrahan on the Hawks injury list, but he hasn't played for a few weeks - did he pick up a hamstring complaint a few weeks ago? Was it a shoulder?

Pittonet is an absolute monster in the ruck contests this year. Has come along in leaps and bounds in that department and is doing it mostly solo. Follows up with some crunching tackles too. The only time he's gotten beaten this year was when he came back from injury.

But he really needs to work on adding more strings to his bow. Isn't really taking the marks or having the forward impact that our recent ruck division have been known for. I dare say if he could develop that he'll be our #1 ruck in the coming years.
I thought he took a couple of good grabs in the middle of the ground and from the kickouts, but agree, I'd like to see him work forward a little more frequently.

I remember being disappointed when we delisted Schneider, but he seems to have disappeared off the radar completely.... I can't see Hanrahan on the Hawks injury list, but he hasn't played for a few weeks - did he pick up a hamstring complaint a few weeks ago? Was it a shoulder?

Schneider is playing at Vermont and by all account has torn it apart in the league over the past few years.

I was very impressed with Pittonet, especially in the first half. He dominated the ruck, and took a few strong marks. No doubt needs another strong but when he's doing a solo job in the ruck he doesn't have much time to get forward. The commentary was terrible really. Banged on about how Nth Ballarat dominated the first quarter, but they didn't really. They had a few nice passages but Box Hill still had the weight of possession. Mitchell Lewis is raw, but can take a grab and backs himself to do so. Needs to fill out a bit but looks a player. Heatherley wins most 50/50 contests at this level, rarely beaten. Runs on a kicks long, but turns it over a big. Shoemakers just goes through the pacers down here. Will
Never light up a VFL game. Harry Morrison was so so today I thought.
Ty. Something is wrong with Ty. He just doesn't look like it. I missed his goals (probably while pulling a couple of beers) but when insane him he just looked down. Half paced chasing, no energy etc. I think all he negative press / social media etc has got to him. I thought we'd at least get the Richmond player, and hoped we could improve him. He's gone backwards. He might need a break away from the game. He's gonna get rich running around with Box Hill if something doesn't change drastically.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back