Preview Round 8, 2018: Fremantle v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium, Saturday 12th May, 6:10PM AWST

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
I doubt it has any effect on players. Freo are going ok and it’s at their ground. A loss doesn’t make us rabble. A 100 point loss would. We are big odds for a reason and those odds haven’t changed because of what has happened in Perth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its okay fellas, we already have full rabble certification... this game can't touch us. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Guilty as charged.

I think we were all expecting Acres to go up a notch, Billings to go up a notch. McCartin to come in and impact. Bruce to straighten up in front of goal. Membrey to continue on as a sharp shooter. Gresham and Sinclair to climb one more rung on the ladder. Roberton to cement himself in the AA team. Savage and Dunstan to continue their late 2017 form. Steele to show the benefits of his first full pre-season and Longer to dominate the ruck.

Instead they have all either succumbed to injury, failed to even make the starting lineup, or gone backwards in their output. Acres, Long and Hickey may be the only exceptions.

We all saw that coming.

Would be another negative if Newnes was playing injured this year , given Weller was consistently injured last year.
For mine these are clear stuff ups by match committee that have plagued Stkilda for last 2 years.
Longer was underdone this pre season , Mc Cartin whilst getting a block of training last year missed a significant
chunk over summer was on bike whilst Battle & Membrey were impressive but we choose to play Paddy , without
a block of games to get into form.
Richo unfortunately painted himself in corner with backing Armitage over younger players .
Kingsley has taken role of transition Coach which is unmitigated disaster players won’t go for loose ground balls
because they are confused .
We continue to overuse the ball in transition by hand balling backwards & sideways , rather than simply
get the ball in quickly to our forwards , when we do we bomb under pressure when they are out position.

All I want to see is Paton play AFL together with Austin , White , Rice , Battle play the kids ..

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Would be another negative if Newnes was playing injured this year , given Weller was consistently injured last year.
For mine these are clear stuff ups by match committee that have plagued Stkilda for last 2 years.
Longer was underdone this pre season , Mc Cartin whilst getting a block of training last year missed a significant
chunk over summer was on bike whilst Battle & Membrey were impressive but we choose to play Paddy , without
a block of games to get into form.
Richo unfortunately painted himself in corner with backing Armitage over younger players .
Kingsley has taken role of transition Coach which is unmitigated disaster players won’t go for loose ground balls
because they are confused .
We continue to overuse the ball in transition by hand balling backwards & sideways , rather than simply
get the ball in quickly to our forwards , when we do we bomb under pressure when they out position.

All I want to see is Paton play AFL together with Austin , White , Rice , Battle play the kids ..

We are playing the kids. 3 already. The others obviously haven't done enough yet. Some will never be good enough and others will wait their turn. The last thing you need is them all playing together and getting smashed.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
PC garbage is going insane now. See the ABC last night had someone on there saying you need to get a babies consent before they have their nappies changed, good god. What garbage.
I thought this was you doing a bit of surrealistic comedy to make a point about PolCorr, but I now find out its real.

Blimey. Dangerous territory. That's one way of getting on TV.

I suppose to give Denise Whatsherface benefit of the doubt, there have been times where I've been cleaning my boys up and thought "hope he's ok with this, it does feel a bit invasive" and it's always worth hearing about new ideas, it just feeds into the Loony Lefty stereotypes that makes real progress that much harder.

Says a lot more about her than her cause, sadly.

Riley bonner > get him!

Makes you realise how good Hipwood and Witherden will be too. Brissy have really turned their recruiting around. Should easily jump us in the next few years if the kids develop like they are projecting.

I thought this was you doing a bit of surrealistic comedy to make a point about PolCorr, but I now find out its real.

Blimey. Dangerous territory. That's one way of getting on TV.

I suppose to give Denise Whatsherface benefit of the doubt, there have been times where I've been cleaning my boys up and thought "hope he's ok with this, it does feel a bit invasive" and it's always worth hearing about new ideas, it just feeds into the Loony Lefty stereotypes that makes real progress that much harder.

Says a lot more about her than her cause, sadly.

Then there are idiots like this guy who are worrying so much about PC s**t they have lost their marbles the other way and fear mongering to the ignorant.
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4821769.htm

Indie Rock

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have changed my mind and think we will win this.

Freo are an average side and although they will lift at home, all this other s**t is bound to be impacting them.

$3.65 ($4.20 for a 1-39 margin) victory is very tempting.

Think the reduced pressure of being away from Melbourne might help our boys too.

Last edited:

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
AFL website reporting that Paddy's injury has been changed from whiplash to concussion
Richo's integrity has to be under further question now. Lying to protect footy dept, or protect Paddy from doom forecasting from footy public or genuine ignorance of real situation.

I have changed my mind and think we will win this.

Freo are an average side and although they will lift at home, all this other s**t is bound to be impacting them.

$3.65 ($4.20 for a 1-39 margin) victory is very tempting.

Think the pressure of being away from Melbourne might help our boys too.

They are a terrible list like us. They have 5 players in the top 100 in AFL rankings and then nothing until outside the top 200. We have 2 top 100 players then 12 between 100 and 200. We don't have class or star power but we have a big beige blanket, Freo have a glitter hanky over the top of a poo.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Richo's integrity has to be under further question now. Lying to protect footy dept, or protect Paddy from doom forecasting from footy public or genuine ignorance of real situation.

Lying? I doubt he lied at all. They thought it was whiplash until he showed other signs early in the week. Seems they are being very honest.

Nov 1, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
They are a terrible list like us. They have 5 players in the top 100 in AFL rankings and then nothing until outside the top 200. We have 2 top 100 players then 12 between 100 and 200. We don't have class or star power but we have a big beige blanket, Freo have a glitter hanky over the top of a poo.

This is too good not to quote. Thanks Gringo, I lol'ed

Heavyweight blockbuster battle right there… has free-to-air written all over it.

Enjoy your massive ratings channel 7, which will halve in size every quarter. :thumbsu:

As long as it's close, hopefully the vanilla fog will down the disco turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back