Autopsy Round 8 2018 Hawthorn vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t see anything about Luke Parker here re report (Parker played well, coincidentally we won(side note)). Anyway, how ******* biased was Dermott Brereton on this (has him hung, drawn and quartered)?

Might be worth a week. MRP criticized this week for a guy suspended for a tackle and off the cuff remarks that he should bump. Can see a negative result for Parker. He is not a dirty player for an in and under guy as seemed genuinelt concerned that it went wrong after checking out the replay. In real time he did the right thing but think it will get a week as he doesn't gather the pill and moves past it. Hope Christian is generous

After the past few years, I assumed the Hawks would somehow manage to get out of jail, right until Ronke took that mark in the goal square. I had to stop myself from jumping off the couch and roaring with delight ... mainly because I had my two-week-old daughter sleeping on my chest. Love this team!

I'm sure we had the same thoughts every time Burgoyne touched it at the end there.

Jack is really struggling...any other superstars in the neafl we can replace him with
Yeah I thought so too, and as Florent got increasingly tired towards the end of the match I was kind of waiting for a holding the ball call to go against him.

As for those in the 2s Newman and Aliir of those who are fit.

Of those retuning next week Buddy and Hannebery.

McCartin would have delighted the coaches. All we want you to do is make a contest. His tackling pressure is only going to get better...his kicking well maybe

100% agreed.

Competed all night and was still going in the 4th quarter. All this from a 18 year old KPF.

Great signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure it was a putrid opposition, a 3rd gamer kicking 7 goals out of his arse and one interpretation of HTB that somehow didn't apply to the opposition. Solid foundation for the finals. Kultcha.

Fair play. Good win.
Also, God hates the hawks 'cause you're a bunch of campaigners. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Umps carried you the whole first half and as your supporters are such a bunch of bandwagoning flogs with no knowledge of the game you're all on your board melting about the umps robbing you.

Ronke = 1 rookie pick.
Jaeger = an entire draft worth of picks.
You dumb mother truckers.

We gave you Mitchell for pick 14 because we installed a safety switch and can turn him on and off at will using Hewitt Technical Support Services.

Your team is bad and you should feel bad.

Jones was best afield imo

Ronke.....a terrier....rip your heart out to get the ball...10 tackles ....wow
Jones...never stopped all night. His support play when we were looking to get out of our defensive square was brilliant as was his run off half back. Disposal showed great improvement.
Lloyd.....love the way this bloke plays.Not great one on one again tonight, but, you cannot fault how he turns up and delivers to supports, First class again tonight.Calm in a crisis.
Hayward...what a find, nerves of steel...his left foot snap was a classic.
Florent....surprised me tonight with his willingness to go in hard...influential. in the second half.
Heeney...oh those wayward kicks and of those fearless attacks on the ball...look where the ball is...never far away.
Parker...well he was back tonight.Superb.
Robinson.... had 17 handballs, don't think he got many sitting on the bench. Seem more like his was well and truly around the hard stuff.
Hewitt....played just the way he started with Swans...team first.
Jack.....tougher it is, the better he plays. Great spot up of Hayward.
Rohan...this guy just has to be looked for when Buddy comes back. He is a great up the ground lead who is overlooked time and again. Three magic moments and he can turn a game in the blink oy eye.
Overall there were plenty of nervous moments and we are still unable to get our field kicking to the level of Hawthorn again. Same situation against North last week. That said, West Coast, GWS, Geelong and Hawthorn
victories have worked our young team into some confidence.
Melican has proved to be a goer and much needed height in the back half. Further options with Maibum, Marsh and AA could release Rampe to be an offensive weapon. Our experiments up forward have proven to be wise, why not down back as well. Rotation of the three mentioned is a priority to perhaps spell the two great men, Smith and Grundy.
h

I could be wrong but Frawley was talking 3-4 weeks. Weird.
Really? Was it deliberate? No. Was it negligent? He took all measures to turn...no! Was he playing the ball? Yes! The questions: did impey obstruct the legitimate challenge (through no fault of his own, here merely pushed the ball forward)? Yes. Was Impey unfortunate...absolutely!

Anyway, we’ll find out tomorrow!

One comment was that this was going to be a horrible game to watch. It wasn't in fact. Thank you to the people who were positive. That was me five years ago.

Always knew there was something special about Ben Ronke. The first time I saw him play live was in an intra match. The senior plsayers had to settle him down because he was going hard as at the ball and player. The kid is just a naturally hard, see ball, get ball deliver ball, kick goal kind of kid. But tonight's effort was just sensational. some of the goals he kicked were just wonderful. The two where he shrugged off players, dodged and shot out of nowhere were just unbelievable.

Add to that Hayward kicking another three and the forward line is starting to come together. Think about it. surround Buddy with kids that can kick multiple goals and you have a hell for the opposition every week. McCartin didn't take many huge marks but what he did do was provide a target and bring the ball to ground to be picked up by other players. He also did something else, he provided a lot of pressure by his chase and tackle.

Lucky to win but as in the 2012 GF I'll take their inaccuracy every time. Several players were pivotal. Lloydy with 35 was sensational. Heens, Hewee, Parks and Jonsie were wonderful. I applaud the backs who had the hardest job of the lot against the most dangerous forwards in the game. Gunston was really on tonight and not even Leo barry could have held him goalless. but i do worry about Rampe's form. It has been up and down for a couple of seasons now. Maybe he needs to curtail his social activities a bit and think about footy. After all this is his career.

I can't believe Harry Cunningham had 27. Astounded. Dean Towers was very poor tonight. i think Darcy Cameron needs to come in next week and go back to a traditional ruck setting. Obviously Buddy won't be ready and when hannas is ready I'd rather he got some match fitness in the reserves. Come to think of it he might just find it hard to fight his way back in if the young kids keep playing like this. Robbo got 20 and wasn't our worst tonight. He made a couple of dreadful mistakes but so did some really really senior players including McVeigh, twice and both led to goals to Hawks. But Robbo also did some very clever and telling things too.

I thought it a very good team effort tonight. The fact that the coaches were instructing the players to hit up the lead was wonderful. I was still not happy with Longmire allowing them an extra in defence but I must applaus young McCartin in his attack on player and ball and busting the packs. The Hawks were allowed to get away with shepherding off the ball so often. We have been done for this on so many occasions this year and yet here they are getting away with it. Sad really.

Two incidents that showed umpire bias;

Rohan goes up and interferes with the player by leaping early and does not get near the ball. Free to Hawks and fair enough.

Gunston takes out two Swans players by leaping early and interfering with them both. No free.

This was the trend of the night. They got away with the most obvious throw in the game and got a goal from it. I don't think Jaeger has ever heard of a handball. Kizza got away with a few too. I hate throws the rules are clear on incorrect disposal as they seem to want to call it these days. A throw is a bloody throw. Why can't these corporate types speak plain language? But of course they can't because they are a bunch of w***ers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back