Review Round 8, 2018 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against the Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought we lost it at the selection table and then I realised we are just horrible skill wise, make bad decisions and there are some seriously inept players in our team.

Stef and Zorko get votes. Didn’t think anyone else deserved them. Not that they were all horrible. Just mostly ok.

What an entertaining game! The boys tried really hard, our three pronged tall forward line will be a headache for years to come, really exciting. Tackling was outstanding, you could tell the dogs were very panicky when they had the ball. Umpiring was good, maybe the odd decision for both teams a couple of times during the game but as a whole they did well. Don't care what anyone reckons that Fagan is a genius coach the way he got the boys up for that last quarter to only go down by 14. This team is tangibly improving every week. Bring on the Hawks next week!

There is something seriosuly wrong with this team/group of players. They are either tanking (and l am strating to think they might be) or there is a mentality with this group that they know they can't compete. It is no surprise that we have lost every 1st quarter this year, every time teams get around 20/30 points up then we start fighting back, when we get close we drop off again. The reason why l am starting to think it is tanking is because it is the senior players that are making the constant mistakes. Beams ... that level of play would not be tolerated if he was in Collinwood but he knows it is tolerated in Brisbane.

I really don't know if it is the players or the coaches but there is something toxic going on. This Bulldogs team is younger and less experienced by us but it looked like they were playing with us. They were better drilled than us all over the field yet we were the older ones. We don't look like a team that is well drilled. Goal-kicking, we were terrible, just terrible one week and then we only did 20 minutes of goal kicking the following week, like what the hell and again some basic basic goal kicking errors again tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very winnable tonight, but you can't get comprehensively beaten in the disposal count and gift them 12 goals from turnovers and expect to win.

Realistically a 14 point loss away from home should be okay for a developing team but it felt like a really poor game, especially after last week. Christensen, Beams, Rich, Hodge all not good enough when we need our senior players to be standing up. Basic skills just not there. Hipwood's kicking was infuriating.

Positives - I thought McStay was good. I reckon he'll become a good forward. 3 contested marks, 8 tackles and 2 goals is a solid return and I hope we persist with him. Zorko backed up his game last week with another good one and Charlie was excellent. Big O is showing some real signs and does enough up forward. Robinson was tough and worked hard as always.

Might be a tough two weeks coming up but we show in patches that we can match it with anyone. Deflating stuff today.

We
I think the knocks on Bundy are a little unfair, the bloke has had 2 years out with injury. At another club he would've spent 4 weeks in the 2's to get his s**t together before playing in the big league.
We have an excuse for every player.

Too old

Too young

Not enough games

These guys have skills they just can't execute

He was...passable but damn he makes some bizzare choices sometimes. He has this sort of unlock-able potential to be an absolute line and game breaker but...ugh.

Anyone see Cutler at the final huddle on Fox he wasn't even looking at Fagan when he was giving his address while every Bulldog was focusing on Beveridge.

The saviour Fagan is now 5 /25 , maybe if he actually concentrated on appropriate opposition match ups and not building a Neafl super team we may win a game by the end of the season.

if we could win just one of these games where we normally fall short I think it might give the team a bit of believe and we'll be good to go. Unfortunately, heads might drop before that happens and we could find ourselves in these close situations less and less.

I honestly think tonight wasn't that bad.

We're frustratingly close to being a good team. Cut out the turnovers and we win.

We're competing in games off the back of the kids. The worm is starting to turn long term.

Holy **** though, short term, things seem bad. Those turnovers still exist right now and whilst we butcher the ball it's hard to see where our first win comes from.
Couldn't agree more BRAB, we're not far off IMO, the effort and system is there, it's just bloody silly skill errors. Squizzy's shocker late when he took that mark in the center square and then turned it over to the man on the mark just put an exclamation mark on what our whole night was all about. Turnover, turnover, turnover from basic skill errors.

Here we go again. On the bright side, maybe my sense of impending doom is just from having been here before too many times. Hopefully all our senior players will all put it together and we'll win a few. It's that or half of them aren't buying it and we're back to square one again.

Not many positives in that one at all. The Bulldogs are terrible and still scored 107 points, Etihad sucks and we let Macrae rack up 47 touches with no obvious attempt to do anything about it.

Back