Review Round 8, 2018 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against the Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Effort was great, as it is always. Defenders were good. Our kicking is honestly laughable, 15 times we kicked it directly to them or mis-kicked a player running into space. It honestly boggles the mind, the despair from the crew in aisle 42 was just horrible, we were just miserable and angry.

How many times did the dogs kick it directly to us? I cant recall more than a couple.

Those turnovers were just incomprehensible. Angry words dont do them justice.

Big O is a player. Eagles was good. Kids generally good, Bailey tries to do too much. Bundy is just fumbly and average, C grade footballer that the kids will push out on time. Charlie good. Robertson, terrible as usual. Culter, cant see it ever happening for him, that kick after the taylor mishap was unforgivable. McStay looked like a key foreard tonight.

They sharked us out of the middle 10 times in a row and there was no adjustment to them having a loose behind their ruckman , a bit concerning.

People calling for Lewey to be dropped, please.

We were $3.70 outsiders, we lost by 14 points whilst playing horribly, the over-reaction on here tells me we are starting to expect more.

It really wasnt that bad, the membership burning stuff going on here is just irrational and losing frustration, which I get.

We are simply a joke so much wrong its not even funny, how does Fagan think our backline can work with Hodge, Rich and Witherden not defending and lack of pace then add andrews,Gardiner and Eagles its just too slow and tall

Why hasn't Roberston played more midfield time looked good there first game
Beams plays good when he wants to and never lifts when he is having a bad day
McStay is starting to look like the key fwd we need,just need more chances

Outs:
- Rich (trade please)
- Bundy (shouldn't of ever brought the scum to the club cheated on a former teammates wife and decided to bring him in, puts in zero effort or chase disgrace hopefully rumours are true and he leaves)
- Eagles ( don't need to play 3 tall defenders doesn't look bad)

Ins: No one over 23, sick of this revolving door from the neafl with average middle aged blokes just play the young guys, sick of playing a team thats not even that young compared to when leppa was coach and still losing

You can't knock his effort, but you can knock his composure. He seriously looks like with more games he could become a real intercept marker. In a perfect world, Eagles develops into that player and maybe Harris gets a run up forward?
I'd leave Andrews where he is, in career best form by miles. He's our most composed ball user and is getting involved all over the place at the moment. Plus we had McInerney and McStay both kick 2 and miss a couple of easy ones, and Hipwood could've kicked a bag on top of that.

We are simply a joke so much wrong its not even funny, how does Fagan think our backline can work with Hodge, Rich and Witherden not defending and lack of pace then add andrews,Gardiner and Eagles its just too slow and tall

Why hasn't Roberston played more midfield time looked good there first game
Beams plays good when he wants to and never lifts when he is having a bad day
McStay is starting to look like the key fwd we need,just need more chances

Outs:
- Rich (trade please)
- Bundy (shouldn't of ever brought the scum to the club cheated on a former teammates wife and decided to bring him in, puts in zero effort or chase disgrace hopefully rumours are true and he leaves)
- Eagles ( don't need to play 3 tall defenders doesn't look bad)

Ins: No one over 23, sick of this revolving door from the neafl with average middle aged blokes just play the young guys, sick of playing a team thats not even that young compared to when leppa was coach and still losing

Mate, Bundy didnt cheat with a team Mates GF. Don't spread BS. There was an incident but it had nothing to do with a team mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Bundy (shouldn't of ever brought the scum to the club cheated on a former teammates wife

No he didn't, and you are causing both he and Lonergan problems by repeating this trash.

I guess we have to think about the fact we, as fans, get really down, get angry and some even reckon they aren't going to follow this team any more.....imagine how it is for the players.

Hope they don't give up too, and want to go to another club.

Think about that for a minute.

We have to hang in there with the boys, through thick and thin. We have to.

Beams isn't cut out for modern day football in that he is so slow, so as a result is shocking definitively.

Think Hodge is absolutely cooked as well.

Also looking forward to Paparone coming back in, his massive running power will help defensively.

Hipwood has to stay as he created enough chances.

In: Mayes, Paparone, Starcevich
Out: Eagles, Hodge, Bailey

Weigh up the fact we have no injuries, this is it, how scary is that. How is this joke of a club ever going to attract players to get out of this dark dark place.? We just have nothing going for us.

Haven't seen the game but sounds like we should be persisting with McStay,Hipwood and McInerney in the forward line. McStay seems a much more promising forward than defender.

A win would be great but I'm quite content with continuing signs of improvement week to week - wins will come eventually.

I guess we have to think about the fact we, as fans, get really down, get angry and some even reckon they aren't going to follow this team any more.....imagine how it is for the players.

Well said MacMum , I'm going nowhere.

To be honest I think if they cared as much as some of us they could only be better.

Time for DBeams to play forward?
We couldn’t keep the 3 tall forward line though.

I'd leave Andrews where he is, in career best form by miles. He's our most composed ball user and is getting involved all over the place at the moment. Plus we had McInerney and McStay both kick 2 and miss a couple of easy ones, and Hipwood could've kicked a bag on top of that.

I agree about Harris, but we need to kick more goals and we have more defenders then forwards. Time to mix it up a little.

Beams, Rich, Hodge, Christensen, Taylor amd Fagan all terrible tonight. Plenty of others hardly contributed either.
Hipwood looked a little more likely but couldnt kick to save himself. McStay I thought showed a bit up forward as did the Big O. Zorks and Cameron managed to hit the scoreboard also which was good.
Overall another terrible performance from the club that just keeps redefining bottoming out. Looking good for 0-22, a prioriry pick and watching our club destroy the future of Lukosius and Rankine. Poor buggers.

Back