Game Day Round 8 2019: Hawthorn v Greater Western Sydney, Sunday 3:20pm AEST @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rough has 3 already. Go you good thing!!
Should have had at least 6 by now to be frank. Has dropped a few and we are looking for him constantly.

Liking Glass and Jiath.

Happy Mothers Day to all the mums out there!

I'll be happy with four quarters of committed application today.
Good decision making and skills for 4 quarters would be nice too...

I’m hoping our supporters show up today despite the cold weather and poor time slot. If it’s over 20,000 that would be a decent outcome.
And 16 degrees isn't even that cold for this time of year. No rain either.

Just as an aside, we've had a truly dreadful fixture so far this year from a commercial perspective. Only good one so far has been Easter Monday and we only got that one because it was our turn to be the home team. The rest of it isn't any better. We don't get another blockbuster game as the home team until we play Collingwood on Friday night in round 16. And that's it for the season! That is truly ****ed up.

We have two Friday night games in a row in round 13 & 14 against Essendon & Sydney, and then another two in rounds 20 & 21 against North & GWS - but we're the away in all four of them! Every Saturday game we have at the MCG we're either the away side (Melbourne), or we're the home team playing against an interstate side (West Coast). All the other Saturday home games are at Tassie - which can potentially be commercially very good for us - except that they're against the lowest drawing interstate sides (Brisbane, Freo and Port) and cellar dwellers in Carlton.

Then as we know the rest of the fixture is just Sunday games. Which don't have to be poorly attended, but we certainly don't get much help in the way of larger crowd drawing opponents with our home games in Melbourne being against small clubs like Bulldogs, North Melbourne, GWS, and Gold Coast. But when we're the away side we get better supported clubs in Richmond and Geelong who get to leverage our large supporter base as Hawthorn has made both of those games one of the four member replacement games.

I refuse to believe a fixture this commercially poor happened by chance. Seems to have been planned in a vindictive way, with just that one Friday night against the Pies being picked out for us (the Easter Monday vs Geelong was always going to happen as it was our turn to be the home side). And if I recall correctly I believe there was a slight delay in the fixture being publicly published as we didn't even have that game against the Pies until the club expressed their dissatisfaction about our fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's go boys I'm pumped!
Play for the jumper today got some respect back! Clean and quick with the ball! hopefully scully inside knowledge helps

Playing phenomenal footy, but probably hasn't got much scope to go into the seniors unless Scrimshaw's form dips.
Is ply him as a defensive forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back