Game Day Round 8 2019: Hawthorn v Greater Western Sydney, Sunday 3:20pm AEST @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be the third match between the two clubs at the MCG and the first since 2014, when the Giants (as massive underdogs) gave the Hawks a huge scare and almost pinched a win, with the Hawks winning by 5 points.

Looking forward to this one. Get down there and support the boys today. Cld get ugly late. Go hawks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Attack the ball hard, stick tackles and move the ball with some fluency. Do these things and we’re a chance.

Play a slow, defensive, bomb it long and hope style, and we will get beaten soundly.

Time to play to win rather than trying not to lose. I’d rather watch us go down by 6 goals having a crack than lose by 10 points playing like the Swans.

Jaeger can expect a tag from deBoar so others need to carry their share of the load. Need 3 or 4 of Cuz, Worps, Shiels, Hendo, Silk and Smith to get their hands on the ball and do some damage. A dominant game from Big Boy would be nice too.

Go Hawks.

Last edited:
Game day another Sunday 3.20 fixture on mother's day to 🙄
Debating If I can get a mother's day lunch in and head down to the ground in time.
Come on boys season on the line!!!

This will be the third match between the two clubs at the MCG and the first since 2014, when the Giants (as massive underdogs) gave the Hawks a huge scare and almost pinched a win, with the Hawks winning by 5 points.
It was seven points, but all is forgiven. Also Bolton's first game.

I hope Clarko has the whole team in the room, showing them vision of Carltons deplorable, embarrassing, primary school effort last week.
And yesterday's awesome play.

Make no mistake, they could and should have won yesterday.

What changed in one week...??

Nothing much changed from a team or game plan perspective...

They just backed themselves and gave it a red hot go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't really care about the result. I just want to see them play a gameplan that is worth developing and worth getting excited for, as opposed to the slow, safe, conservative gameplan that might prevent a blowout, but sure as s**t won't see them beating anyone of note.

Heading in today with no real expectations of a win. As above I really just want to see some good signs for the future. Some cohesive plays and Mitchell Lewis to kick 3+ goals would be encouraging.

We can win this game. We do have the talent. But it won't be by playing in the manner we've been playing in these past few weeks. Team need to back their own ability and the ability of their teammates. Play it safe and we won't get within 6 goals.

I’m hoping our supporters show up today despite the cold weather and poor time slot. If it’s over 20,000 that would be a decent outcome.
Should at least take the opportunity to go watch GWS. Only non-Melbourne team that I have money on to win the flag this year.😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back