Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyril says

All Australian
Jun 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Went pretty well on cripps a couple weeks back

I know that’s the popular opinion so will accept what you say. I watched that game twice and saw him be unaccountable and not chase. If his instructions were to only worry about Cripps then he played well. I bet that he’s been dropped because they weren’t his instructions.

burnside5

All Australian
May 23, 2010
Shoreham
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Possibly the worst post this year. Congrats.

Really? Worst post of the year? I am not even going to ask you why but when a player is so out of form and publicly humiliates a new, fellow team-mate then perhaps you can see Clarkson's response.

It was not just his form, as I am sure this was the tipping point for Clarkson especially to a potential, new star who is known as a fragile person and he rightly so would have been seething, basically signing Roughs papers. Fact.

Unless Rough has a remarkable turn of form, sadly we will not see him play senior football again perhaps but hope we do of course as has been a great servant of the club as always stated.

However to your uneducated, childish post, I will thus respond and be just as immature and say perhaps you have the worst profile name on the board? Congrats!

smeltitdeltit

Smelly indeed...lol..

Really? Worst post of the year? I am not even going to ask you why but when a player is so out of form and publicly humiliates a new, fellow team-mate then perhaps you can see Clarkson's response.

It was not just his form, as I am sure this was the tipping point for Clarkson especially to a potential, new star who is known as a fragile person and he rightly so would have been seething, basically signing Roughs papers. Fact.

Unless Rough has a remarkable turn of form, sadly we will not see him play senior football again perhaps but hope we do of course as has been a great servant of the club as always stated.

However to your uneducated, childish post, I will thus respond and be just as immature and say perhaps you have the worst profile name on the board? Congrats!

smeltitdeltit

Smelly indeed...lol..
You've been peddling this Rough has been dropped for confronting Chad line for a while now.

So Rough isn't a leader? Isn't allowed to be assertive? Chad is fragile now? He was humiliated? It was the tipping point for Clarko?

Are you a former writer for the footy show or neighbours?

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This game is scheduled at a bad time for many - Mothers Day - when many myself included have to put my mum ahead of the footy.
I notice the club sending emails to bring mum's to the game but for many this will not work out.

This is a home game at the MCG and it could have easily been a game played in Tassie or Marvel with some fixture changes
prior to it's release.

It's disappointing as I believe the crowd number will be low despite having Box Hill play as a curtain raiser, which is a positive
for those who can go to the game.

Hopefully despite odd stacked against the hawks, the boys try their best and that's all that can be asked of them.

To those that are able to attend the game - hope you enjoy watching some of the newer guys improve.
Improvement in young guys is how I am approaching this year and post the bye round hopefully the team
gels better and results can be positive for the most part.

Nick the Pig

Team Captain
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know that’s the popular opinion so will accept what you say. I watched that game twice and saw him be unaccountable and not chase. If his instructions were to only worry about Cripps then he played well. I bet that he’s been dropped because they weren’t his instructions.
Howe did do well against Cripps and he is good in that role against a big bodied mid. However outside of that role you are correct in that he still struggles to make a big enough impact and win enough ball. Interrupted pre season or not he has never been a ball winner in midfield.

If OMeara is under pressure of a tag like last week and if Worpel is going to be inconsistent from quarter to quarter we still desperately need our midfield to get their hands on the ball. Right now I would have faith that Cousins can do this more than what Howe has been able to do. Also Cousins has been able to chip in with the odd goal.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Hey guys sorry for intruding, but do you think Moore will hold his spot now or is he still on the fringes of selection?

Thanks in advance

hawkguru

All Australian
Oct 12, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If roughy's form was bad then how about dropping stratton if he doesn't pull his finger out? caption or not he has played worse than roughy. Hope this is a good wake up call for the seniors coz the kids are actually putting in more effort than the older blokes

Hey guys sorry for intruding, but do you think Moore will hold his spot now or is he still on the fringes of selection?

Thanks in advance

He’s just a fringe player right now. Moore is well behind a number of other Hawthorn players competing for that small forward spot.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
He’s just a fringe player right now. Moore is well behind a number of other Hawthorn players competing for that small forward spot.
most definitely fringes I would've thought. Others like jones yet to be given debut and for mine Moore hasn't had much impact at all.

Thanks guys, appreciate the input a lot

burnside5

All Australian
May 23, 2010
Shoreham
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You've been peddling this Rough has been dropped for confronting Chad line for a while now.

So Rough isn't a leader? Isn't allowed to be assertive? Chad is fragile now? He was humiliated? It was the tipping point for Clarko?

What's with the sarcasm Mr Moderator Man?

Peddling this for a while now?

Are you really a moderator?

Sorry how many posts did I make regarding this issue? One post?

I think if you read what I said; Rough's form for a while now has warranted him sadly being dropped. Perhaps you may have read previous posts where I said was a big fan of Roughead and admire what he's gone through with his cancer treatment / ordeal.

No, he is not a leader as in the Captain as now that is Ben Stratton.

But if you mean is he in the leadership group then personally as a leader I would should show more "assertiveness" as you say IN THE CHANGE ROOMS NOT humiliating someone in front of the cameras and supporters of both clubs especially when new to the club!

As for Chad being fragile, I would also be fragile / embarrassed if it were me and would have said to Rough later in the rooms, could you have not made your point behind closed doors buddy?

Not sure if Rough would have been so animated to a player like Tony Lockett, Barry Hall or Mark Jackson like that? I don't think so, as would probably get knocked out by his teammate or later in the rooms which I don't think would do much for club harmony.

You may also have read where I was seething as to what we gave up for Wingard as far as Burton and two picks as thought madness. At the moment not a huge Chad fan, however he is a human and plays for the Hawthorn F.C. and we may agree to disagree but I personally do not like one player berating another on the ground in his third or fourth game when all the camera's are on him as personally don't like it. Some indigenous players need a bit of extra care is just a fact.

I may speculate that Brendon Goddard had another year or two of football left in him but his on field tantrums were not appreciated or a good look for the Essendon F.C.

As for the tipping point for Clarko that is just my opinion / speculation that incident would not have helped Roughead's cause in staying in the side, poor form aside.

Clarkson and co and the Hawthorn Football Club have invested a lot of money and picks in Wingard as future key forward for the next five or so years, so believe they would want to protect that large investment and make the player settle in to a new environment with ease.

Hope that clears things up Mr Moderator Man!

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

But but but it’s a FACT

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Well how about the “uneducated” me schools you that the above is in FACT, not a FACT, you dolt.

As for the rest of your dribble........ meh, CBF.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Those worrying about Frawley playing over Brand don't be, Brand won't be part of our next premiership assault anyways I wouldn't have thought.
Spot on! The only worry is he about the only bloke over 6foot 4 on our list our spine is horrible.
We must fast track Koscotzki asap with frawley around.
It will be hard because we are doing this with scrimshaw, even if you have to play them at opposite ends for now.
The bombers manage to get games into Ridley and the cats are doing it with Clarke this yr.

Last edited:

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Those worrying about Frawley playing over Brand don't be, Brand won't be part of our next premiership assault anyways I wouldn't have thought.

Neither will imo... key defensive posts need to be renergised a bit, Chip barely stays on the park for any prolonged periods, whether it be soft tissue or migraines, there’s always something. Hoping Kosi shows enough competency to hold down the fort for many years to come.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am very intrigued if clarko can turn this season around and what happens at the end of the yr.
It has to be said we have a gaping hole in our midfield and in our spine.These two area's are the most important on the ground.
Question will be asked how the master coach has let this happen under his watch if we don't.
To early to judge now but I think the hawks must have something up there sleeve, I hope the coaching is starting to resemble r.lyon at times in games. Be bold clarko!

B&GBlood

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am very intrigued if clarko can turn this season around and what happens at the end of the yr.
It has to be said we have a gaping hole in our midfield and in our spine.These two area's are the most important on the ground.
Question will be asked how the master coach has let this happen under his watch if we don't.
To early to judge now but I think the hawks must have something up there sleeve, I hope the coaching is starting to resemble r.lyon at times in games. Be bold clarko!

It happened due to equalisation and continued success. Clarkson has been addressing the midfield hole. Perhaps you did not notice when we picked up Michell and O'Meara and tried to get Shiel. As for KPP players you can only work with what you can get hold of and sometimes they don't work out. The kid that went back to Adelaide might have been good about now as a ~ 200cm backman.

Last edited:

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It happened due to equalisation and continued success. Clarkson has been addressing the midfield hole. Perhaps you did not notice when we picked up Michell and O'Meara and tried to get Shiel. As for KPP players you can only work with what you can get hold of and sometimes they don't work out. The kid that when back to Adelaide might have been good about now as a ~ 200cm backman.

Mitchell and Omeara were master strokes it hasn't helped Mitchell went down.
But we are very thin after that perhaps you don't watch the vfl side.

Scully&Wingard I'm not so sure it's to early to judge, Duursma and Burton would of been nice. Scully was for a bag of chips so we can let that one go.

For instance I would of tryed to get a KPP player over him, Roughead from the dogs would of cost nothing, kept Burton and use the pick on duursma.

Anyway I have faith we will see what the master comes up with next

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back