Preview Round 8, 2019: Hawthorn v GWS Giants, 12 May 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and Brand has played 41 games and O'Brien 48, pretty close on the opportunity scale considering Brand missed a year through injury

Fair play to both of you. Should have looked at my facts first. Just feel like TOB has been given a better run. More games in a row? More based on bit of a coddling promotion rather than being only used in case of emergency? Or maybe my own bias. Not quite sure. Thanks for correcting me :)

Space implies quick ball movement. Something we don't do.

The problems are down field and our forwards aren't being given a chance.

It's also important with what you are saying to recognise we have had Wingard, Nash, Lewis, Moore and Ceglar spend time up forward this year. Cohesion isn't an overnight thing.

100% agree on the ball movement.

Watching live our forward setup is poor in the fwd50 eg gunston is rarely used at a true ff. Often our smallest fwd poppy or breust is our longest option.

Breust,gunston,poppy,Roughead,Cegs have been in the same fwd line for yrs cohesion should be fine. to introduce 1 or 2 players into the 50 in diff games.

Fair play to both of you. Should have looked at my facts first. Just feel like TOB has been given a better run. More games in a row? More based on bit of a coddling promotion rather than being only used in case of emergency? Or maybe my own bias. Not quite sure. Thanks for correcting me :)
I am with you on this one tommy. No evidence to back it up but i have always felt like TOB got more leeway with his form / keeping his spot in the side relative to Brand.

I am with you on this one tommy. No evidence to back it up but i have always felt like TOB got more leeway with his form / keeping his spot in the side relative to Brand.

TOB was given 23 for a reason. He was expected to perform. Just didn’t pan out that way.

The expectations on TOB are far greater than Brand.

KOLOKOTRONIS

This has been by far the most interesting thread of the season. One thing I am sure of is that someone on another team's board has posted "Go and check out the GWS thread on the Hawks board, they are losing their **** and eating their own....."

I've just read it as healthy discussion. Passionate posts after our hero Roughead nears the end. If it was different I'd be concerned.

Seriously today might not be the best example but you can see how good the Collingwood fwd set up is, leads and spot up with eachother inside 50, constantly switching and isolating.

Talent wise I think our forward line is capable and on par with there's.
Where are we going wrong ?
I rarely see us get one on one like they do.
Because we don't trust our backline to win 1:1 contests and almost always play +1 or +2 in defence which means we are outnumbered in our forward line by the same number (except of course right before the ball is bounced in the centre)

If Freo can knock off GWS in Canberra we must be some chance to win this.

Freo did take that game on with breaking the lines quick ball movement football, something we've shown we're unable to do this season thus far. GWS are awful at the MCG on past games though, so that's probably where our chances lay, but if we make the simple errors we've so often this season they'll murder us on the rebound.

If Freo can knock off GWS in Canberra we must be some chance to win this.
This. The gap between winning and losing isn't that big for most teams at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back