Discussion Round 8, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Freshwater

Club Legend
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Great day in Ballarat today, but very dull light at the ground. Looks brighter on TV. It started at 1:45 but we should have used a yellow footy. It was basically a night game with a dark red ball that was hard to see from a distance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Great day in Ballarat today, but very dull light at the ground. Looks brighter on TV. It started at 1:45 but we should have used a yellow footy. It was basically a night game with a dark red ball that was hard to see from a distance.
Said it before, will say it again. All games should use a yellow footy.

TTRRAAVVIISS

All Australian
AFL Club
Collingwood
GWS not wearing their clash. Horrible.
Port wearing grey vs Pies was bad enough. This is just idiotic.

How stupid are the AFL? It’s not hard. The NFL do it so well.

HFC has a predominately light jumper (yellow) and dark shorts (brown).

So GWS need to either go all white, or wear a predominately dark Jumper (all charcoal) with light shorts (white).

What muppet at the AFL is responsible for the clash policy? What a clown

Freshwater

Club Legend
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is THE worst clash this year. To make it even worse the umpires are in yellow and a yellow footy. Is this years footy opps manager just incompetent? How does this happen?

budge27

Team Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers
This is THE worst clash this year. To make it even worse the umpires are in yellow and a yellow footy. Is this years footy opps manager just incompetent? How does this happen?
Just having a look over the years these two teams have never had this jumper combo before... why this year? The AFL has really gone backwards this season in regards to clashing uniforms.

I reckon the preseason game between North and Port started all this and it’s continued into the real season.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Knicks // NY Giants
Just having a look over the years these two teams have never had this jumper combo before... why this year? The AFL has really gone backwards this season in regards to clashing uniforms.

I reckon the preseason game between North and Port started all this and it’s continued into the real season.
We have had this combo before, last year. Different shorts though as it was a GWS home game.

1557643091137.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors,Melbourne Renegades
It was definitely awkward viewing but I thought it was okay-ish. Helps that GWS has a very vibrant orange, hard to miss. But strange why they wouldn't just go with the clash to provide maximum contrast.

lionbear

Geelong Member from 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians, Melbourne Storm
That's coz it wasn't a BIT of a clash...it was much more than a bit!
Any thing can happen:

Round 21: Geelong V North @GMHBA

I thought Geelong would be in white shorts for North and Collingwood, it could be Navy shorts V Away and white shorts after seeing this.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Any thing can happen:

I thought Geelong would be in white shorts for North and Collingwood, it could be Navy shorts V Away and white shorts after seeing this.
The rules have gone totally to $h!+ this year!

SparkleNarkle

Insert Quote Here
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, UTA
Any thing can happen:

Any possibility that we've planned a dark-based commemorative jumper of some sorts? Or am I reading into things too much

The jumper matchup could be very, very, very messy if it's Home/Navy vs Away/White

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Any possibility that we've planned a dark-based commemorative jumper of some sorts? Or am I reading into things too much

The jumper matchup could be very, very, very messy if it's Home/Navy vs Away/White
Given the regression in standards this year, I'm not ruling anything out in 2019.

lionbear

Geelong Member from 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians, Melbourne Storm
Just for the record, it does say North in bounding roo...
View attachment 673437
Round 11 is indegenous round part 2 this year so I think the subject to change would be invoked here.

Personally I hope the Cats Shop was wrong the the club is planning to use the clah jumper with navy shorts in round 21, know its a home game but a really good opportunity to use it.

Top Bottom