Preview Round 8, 2019: St.Kilda v West Coast - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 11th May, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Eagles

Votes: 43 55.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree with the last one!
Don't necessarily agree with the first 2 points! Imo he can play as a defensive forward as well, he has proved he can hit the scoreboard much more than Ross and Steele!

Will concede it's not ideal to have a starting midfield of Steele, Ross and Dunstan as their is a distinctive lack of line breaking speed within the three!
But no reason why they can't all rotate through there in a more even spread though, and of the three i would argue Dunstan is just as capable if not more
Than of playing in another position in short bursts!
Ive never really thought of Dunstan as being capable of being a defensive forward just because he doesnt have that take off speed and 90% of his goals are long bombs from 50m. But there is no reason why he couldn't rest in the forward line more.

I agree we could rotate all three through the middle more to make us less predictable, I just think the coaches prefer having Steele and Seb in there for most bounces and then the third spot is the one rotated. I'd like to see us mix it up more and try a few more guys through there - more Sinclair, Acres and Long. Even try Billings in there once or twice.

Philips is a good link up player when transitioning from defence. He is also a very good runner;can spread and find space easily to receive the ball in the midfield. Hind has done well in VFL, but can he play mid in AFL? Can he defend against a very dangerous Eagles forward line with smalls in Cripps, Ryan?
We will never know . Has to play to prove himself.

I agree we could rotate all three through the middle more to make us less predictable, I just think the coaches prefer having Steele and Seb in there for most bounces and then the third spot is the one rotated. I'd like to see us mix it up more and try a few more guys through there - more Sinclair, Acres and Long. Even try Billings in there once or twice.
Absolutely, we'll be much more dangerous down the track if we have 6-8 guys who can roll through centre bounces effectively… plus if the two who are in there 90% of the time get injured we are absolutely rooted.

You'd think with Hannebery, Steven, Bytel out we'd be exploring our other options a little more heavily than one rotation spot.

I'd like to see us mix it up more and try a few more guys through there - more Sinclair, Acres and Long. Even try Billings in there once or twice.

You and the rest of us!
Makes us far less predictable.

If big Josh doesn't crack 11 disposals for the 6th week straight he needs to go play VFL or rest his body.

Thought you were talking about Battle for a minute there and was about to say U wot m8 ;) Funnily enough your comment almost applies to Josh Kennedy and he only has 12.8 for the year (against Brucey's 9.6).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back