Autopsy Round 8, 2019: St.Kilda v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, losing by three goals to the reigning premiers with our injuries, a lot of kids out there.

It's not the end of the world.

Totally agree , was very happy they fought it out . With the players to come back things arent too bad for the future. Battle played a blinder , was unlucky Darling got that goal at the end for his only goal . Battle 21 disposals at 95.2 eff. , 9 marks and 4 tackles .

**** umpiring. Murdered the ball and plenty of chances for goals. So pretty stock standard. Lack of effort at times really disappointing. Especially in the midfield. Need to bring in some fresh blood.

Parker due a rest. Young and Hind must come in! Few of boys are coasting at the moment.
Would definitely drop Long before Parker, he was anonymous tonight

Im not gonna comment on the umpires.

We had our chamces but poor skills inside 50 let us down - AGAIN!

In the end we were lucky they fluffed their shots in the last quarter to allow us to stay close

We showed some great fight in the last, but it was all too little too late.

Bruce much much better

JB 2 clutch goals in the last and had some silk all night

Wilkie continues to impress

Battle good again

Brown good on Kennedy except that 2 minute spell in the 3rd

Gresh disappointing. Does the special things but bites off a bit too much with his field kicking too often

Longy needs to go back to the 2s. I love him but he may as well have not turned up tonight

The umpiring was shocking but our kicking inside 50 was equally as bad.

As I type this I see the West Coast players whinging to each other in the rooms about arm chops, are you ******* kidding me campaigners? Maybe 2 or 3 free kicks that were there and not paid to you compared to about 10 to us, pull your ******* heads in you pampered, namby pamby fancy boys. * me.

Yeah, doubt we play finals this year. Hope we keep Ratten and move quickly to make sure he stays put. Probably 5 or 6 a graders off being a good side. I reckon who ever coaches next year we finish bottom 4. Can't see anything we do but compete hard but lack quality all over the ground. Our best players are Battle, Billings and Stuv. Hopefully Hanners can get back because we are no good in the midfield. Too many below average on our list.
Too many below average and whats left of the uninjured players arent making statements in vfl

Gresh= show pony, Ross playing too outside, Steele is getting beaten as is Sincs, needs a trip to Sandy. Who replaces them ???

we werent good enough in the end , but the umpires were poor , 9 free kicks for a game is terrible especially with so many that could have been paid at vital times . But thats footy i guess , its just that the eagles always seem to be on the plus margin with frees.

3 goals against the premiers is petty *ing good.
Look at our list and games played.
Umpiring unfortunately for another game set the tone early - accept it or not.
Big positives from Bruce, our entire back line, Sincs early, Dunstan.
Massive upswing if we clean up our disposal and I50.
Lots to look forward to.
Pretty happy with the fight - pies won’t get an easy go of it next week. (My young blokes birthday and we’re going so a win would be great - thanks Footy Gods)
Think Long needs a spell for Young or Greah fwd and Hind.
Reckon we win that bar that putrid effort in 3qtr.

Fitting to finish with a blatent in the back to Acres.

WORST umpiring ever seen.
We made lots of mistakes but the umpires made more.

Lets see if the club has the balls to call this **** out

That's what we say every time we play them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not gonna comment on the umpires.

We had our chamces but poor skills inside 50 let us down - AGAIN!

In the end we were lucky they fluffed their shots in the last quarter to allow us to stay close

We showed some great fight in the last, but it was all too little too late.

Bruce much much better

JB 2 clutch goals in the last and had some silk all night

Wilkie continues to impress

Battle good again

Brown good on Kennedy except that 2 minute spell in the 3rd

Gresh disappointing. Does the special things but bites off a bit too much with his field kicking too often

Longy needs to go back to the 2s. I love him but he may as well have not turned up tonight
Brown deserved his spot for sure. Cool head under pressure and thought he had a strong game. Dunstan as well, not a fan of either tbh but after tonight they have defo earned there spots

Clearly disappointing but it wasn't actually a bad performance. We have a serious lack of class with the footy but our attitude is still good, and there's so much upside if the coaching staff can get a few more of these guys going. Next week will be hard again but I think we'll win a good few games in the second half of the year.

Totally agree , was very happy they fought it out . With the players to come back things arent too bad for the future. Battle played a blinder , was unlucky Darling got that goal at the end for his only goal . Battle 21 disposals at 95.2 eff. , 9 marks and 4 tackles .

Battle has been flying totally under the radar. Almost our best player already. Doesn't do anything a star back man wouldn't do. Looks Rance like.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_rising_stars_round_performances?year=2019&round=8&sby=13

I know we have plenty out, but i am absolutely livid over that game of football!
Between the disgusting influence the maggot cheats had on the game and our own total ineptitude
Going inside 50 i am feeling very nauseous!
Might have something to do with the copious amounts of booze i have consumed today!

Either way let's just say i am royally Pissed!
Between Bruce and Membrey they had 18 marks for a total return of 2 goals! WTF?

Yet another frustrating, do your f*cking head in waste of a season!
If we do not challenge the AFL about their blatantly useless officials we officially have No spine as a club!

Props to Dunstan, came in with a mission to stay in the team and deserves that.

Had 30 pressure acts for us tonight, our next best was phillips with 21. Those two came to play, shows there could be some complacency within the boys who dont feel pressure for spots in the 22.

Dunstan also played the least game time, we need to find out how to get this man a tank.

Gresh= show pony, Ross playing too outside, Steele is getting beaten as is Sincs, needs a trip to Sandy. Who replaces them ???

Very harsh call , Gresham had 20 disposals , Ross had 31 , Steele 22 , Sincs had 17 but i thought they all did good things throughout the night . yes their mids were better but ours werent disgraced at all . Steele has been one of our better players this year , as has Ross and Gresh . None of them will be dropped and they dont deserved to be .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back