Autopsy Round 8, 2019: St.Kilda v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Props to Dunstan, came in with a mission to stay in the team and deserves that.

Had 30 pressure acts for us tonight, our next best was phillips with 21. Those two came to play, shows there could be some complacency within the boys who dont feel pressure for spots in the 22.

Dunstan also played the least game time, we need to find out how to get this man a tank.

He's just got to make that his level now and back it up. He was clean with his ball use tonight and really driven.

Bruce is back. Was worried with his hands early. But they came back. Needs some help. Pity about paddy. Reckon he could have really been good for us this year. Don’t want to throw King to the wolves but would love to get him on the field for the first.

Members is struggling for some reason.

I know we have plenty out, but i am absolutely livid over that game of football!
Between the disgusting influence the maggot cheats had on the game and our own total ineptitude
Going inside 50 i am feeling very nauseous!
Might have something to do with the copious amounts of booze i have consumed today!

Either way let's just say i am royally Pissed!
Between Bruce and Membrey they had 18 marks for a total return of 2 goals! WTF?

Yet another frustrating, do your f*cking head in waste of a season!
If we do not challenge the AFL about their blatantly useless officials we officially have No spine as a club!
To be fair MM Bruce took most of his marks as the link up/get out of dodge kick down the line.
Forget about the officials mate, we lower our eyes and listen to Dermott and follow some structured leads we win by 8 goals. We need to move away from the bomb it long hope our smalls make a contest with Lonie out. The other guys just don’t have the experience or nous he does

Me leaving Marvel:
kyF89z2.jpg

IMG_0864.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a bad performance. Our plan going inside 50 broke down on numerous Occassions. A few wasted opportunities on top of that.

Positives: Battle, Bruce, Dunstan, Paton.

Seb Ross’s disposal it getting worse. That good year he had a few years ago I am sure his disposal was much better.

Long surely goes back to the reserves for one of young/hind/rice.

Outside of that not sure anyone else should lose their spot.

To be fair MM Bruce took most of his marks as the link up/get out of dodge kick down the line.
Forget about the officials mate, we lower our eyes and listen to Dermott and follow some structured leads we win by 8 goals. We need to move away from the bomb it long hope our smalls make a contest with Lonie out. The other guys just don’t have the experience or nous he does
Agree 100%. It’s funny how we recruited smalls but we can’t seem to find anyone to fill that role.

Members is struggling for some reason.
He is struggling but the disposal to him is terrible a lot of the time . In fairness to Membrey he should be on a flank not a key position where hes up against key backmen . Hes not strong enough or tall enough for that role . Hes at his best when he can run his opponents into the ground like Roo used to do.

That was pretty rubbish for large periods. Felt the run-on that eventually came late in the third was always close. Fought it out but effort and gallantry only wins you so many games.

Our kicking forward of centre is abysmal.
In an attacking style relying on front and centres deep inside 50, where were our crumbers? Long needs a spell.
Bruce showed what a clear run and half-decent delivery can do for you.
Kent murders the ball by foot.
A lot of missed tackles, which is thankfully out of the ordinary but symptomatic of an off night.

The stat lines read differently to how it felt watching the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad performance. Our plan going inside 50 broke down on numerous Occassions. A few wasted opportunities on top of that.

Positives: Battle, Bruce, Dunstan, Paton.

Seb Ross’s disposal it getting worse. That good year he had a few years ago I am sure his disposal was much better.

Long surely goes back to the reserves for one of young/hind/rice.

Outside of that not sure anyone else should lose their spot.

It wasn't

Really?
Disagree. Have you seen our injury list?
We'd have lost that by 100 points last year with our current injuries.
Yeah, I just don't get the doom and gloom. There are still 9 VERY winnable games this year, with plenty of real talent to return in the second half of the season.

As bad as the umpires were we were worse.

Like the last few weeks we had enough inside 50s to win but couldn't convert them.

Meanwhile our opposition stroll into easy turnover goals down the other end.

It reminds me of the last couple of years.

Richo has to go, bring back GT, he had our forward line humming and kicking 100 point scores.

Yeah, I just don't get the doom and gloom. There are still 9 VERY winnable games this year, with plenty of real talent to return in the second half of the season.

The frustration of knowing you could have had a chance if your hands weren't tied. The frustration of being on top of the ladder then injuries and form sending us plummeting, the frustration of good sides looking like their lists are of much higher quality and we have to grind etc.

Really?
Disagree. Have you seen our injury list?
We'd have lost that by 100 points last year with our current injuries.

Injury lists are always an excuse. and not one player on that injury list would have fixed our putrid forward entries or end of quarter lapses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back