Game Day Round 8, 2019 - Sydney Swans vs Essendon @ SCG - 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1557418934622.png

1557418964621.png

Unfortunately expect the Bombers to do a number on us.
But you never know, this game always tends to throw up some tense encounters between the sides and surprises.

O'Riordan returns, best of luck to him - might be the start of an extended stay in the side and a long career perhaps.
With Buddy still out the likes of Blakey and McCartin will need to stand up and get a chance with it being a mostly clear night. Still plenty of interesting things to keep an eye on, hope the boys play some good footy and put in a four quarter effort.

Our millenials forward line is going well on few opportunities. Good to see Papley, McCartin, Blakey and Heyward take it to the cheats. Also, Horse who is becoming the emotional Renaissance Man of AFL coaching, be a bit strategic and please leave Aliir in the CHB corridor, let him intercept mark, run and bang it up the guts. Opposition coaches have been taking Aliir back to the goal line or as GWS did running him with his opponent up the ground away from where he can intercept mark. Its really important our defense out marks them wherever possible as they have Smith and MacWoody who feed off the packs and turnovers. FFS no over possessing on the half back line, with bunched handballing so let the Irishman and Allir play on, run and boot the thing. Aliir will kill Stringer in the air and run off hin as the bludger doesn't chase. If we are being beaten out of the middle we must generate quick transition off the half back line. Tommy Hafey may be a mouldering in the grave but his spirit goes marching on.

Last edited:
So, our team of battlers v a team that lost the right to exist.

I really hope we deliver an Old Testament style smiting of these barbarians.

This should begin with a full house of Bloods fans making clear the Opposition is neither welcomed nor respected. Umpiring errors will not be tolerated and the crowd will remind them in no uncertain terms.

Mills on Tippa or Fantasia will be interesting

A real tortoise v the hare battle coming up. The same ending?

I think this one might run real close - Fox and COR gives us a bit more pace around the ground to stay with them and we have played some better footy. Hewett is really emerging as the mid we thought he could be.
KJ might be the guy who pushes us in front......of the race for Rowell. That and our home form.
If Papley has some cracked ribs just rest the guy FFS. No point in heroics right now.
Fox/KJ to the forward line and Rowbottom into the middle please.

A real tortoise v the hare battle coming up. The same ending?

I think this one might run real close - Fox and COR gives us a bit more pace around the ground to stay with them and we have played some better footy. Hewett is really emerging as the mid we thought he could be.
KJ might be the guy who pushes us in front......of the race for Rowell. That and our home form.
If Papley has some cracked ribs just rest the guy FFS. No point in heroics right now.
Fox/KJ to the forward line and Rowbottom into the middle please.
Rowbottom is not playing.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel so lucky to follow a team that has the advantage of playing on the shortest ground in the AFL every second week. You can get it from the last line of defence into your forward 50 with just two or three direct and attacking possessions.

In saying that, I look forward to another match of us taking half an hour to exit our back line then getting ourselves under pressure in congestion along the boundary line before inevitably losing possession.

It’ll be ******* dog ugly but I have a weird feeling Essendon are gonna shizen themselves tonight and we will get up by 11 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’ll be ******* dog ugly but I have a weird feeling Essendon are gonna shizen themselves tonight and we will get up by 11 points.

I wish I shared your optimism. Essendon are a reasonably fast ball movement team, and that is not something the Swans midfield can cope with at the moment.

Oddly enough, I don't think our backline and forward line aren't too bad, both are doing okay under the circumstances, but our midfield is complete trash.

Last edited:
I wish I shared your optimism. Essendon are a reasonably fast ball movement team, and that is not something the Swans midfield can cope with at the moment.

Oddly enough, I don't think our backline and forward line are too bad, both are doing okay under the circumstances, but our midfield is complete trash.

they are the much better team, just reckon they’ll have an off night

Oddly enough, I don't think our backline and forward line are too bad, both are doing okay under the circumstances, but our midfield is complete trash.

NOBODY can bring the opposition down to their level like the mighty SWANS ! :p

So, our team of battlers v a team that lost the right to exist.

I really hope we deliver an Old Testament style smiting of these barbarians.

This should begin with a full house of Bloods fans making clear the Opposition is neither welcomed nor respected. Umpiring errors will not be tolerated and the crowd will remind them in no uncertain terms.
Its all set out in Revelation:
"And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake Oval of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."

So if we go down tonight finals are out of the question without doubt. Do or Die.

At least if we lose, we can move on to blooding in form youth players in desired long term positions. Well I hope so.....

3 more A graders than us at the moment sadly

I would have JPK and Sir Dane as A-graders by the measure I applied to Essendon.

I’m still genuinely impressed by Sir Dane’s form turnaround. Amazing stuff from him the last few weeks, just hope he can keep it up.

4 goal loss.

They will be too quick on all lines.

Rampe spared from having to defend on Joe at least - one of the only players that towels him up but to be fair it is not his fault he has to play undersized all the time.

Hope springs eternal though but with Papley out or at least hampered I don't know where the spark will come from.

Be nice to at least be competitive in the first quarter for a change.

Essendon have a pretty good list, seriously under performing. Not looking forward to them finding their feet against us tonight
Bombers have had 4 losses this season all to current top 8 teams and three of those losses were to the top 3.
There wins include knocking over the Dees and Norf. Only decent win was over the Lions.

Not sure they are underperforming as much as they are a 5-12 team and placed about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back