M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
We'll need to be switched on today, the Dogs are a side who can cut you up with precise quick handballs out of congestion into space. Put Berry on the Bont and I'm confident that Harris can do a Jesus Christ on Aaron "Carey" Naughton. Bring our best pressure and contested ball game.

If we are on- Lions by 20-30 points.
If we are off- Dogs by 40-50.

1557522125863.png
Liiiiiooooooooooooooooonnss!

Hopefully we shut down Caleb Daniel who has been very crafty in defence and is a key link man in their movement of the ball out of the defensive 50.

Would love to see Rayner clunk a few at the top of the goal score, he gets great position and attacks the ball at it’s highest point but seems to be going too hard with his hands. Has the potential to help him go from one goal per game to 3.

Feeling mildly confident.

GO LIONS!!

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

BEST DAY OF THE WEEK!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! :D

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS

WHERE'S MY SCARF?!?!?! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, I will probably miss the final quarter because I'm heading out to Nobu in Honolulu for dinner. So do me a favour boys and build a nice 8-10 goal lead by then.

All i want to see... is Big O taking at least 5 speccies on caleb daniels shoulders.

You might see one, but then they'd have to sweep up Daniel with a dustpan.

Go get em boys. Will be a tough game, but if we can grind out a win i think it will be a big confidence builder against a decent team away. Can build some strong momentum with this game.

At work so wont be able to watch live, will check score updates and watch a replay tonight.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
From today's Ballarat Courier:

What's the Mars Surface Like After 60mm of Rain?

r0_0_5568_3712_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

PERFECT: City of Ballarat director Neville Ivey, inspecting the ground, said the surface on Mars was never in doubt ahead of AFL action on Saturday. Picture: Lachlan Bence

HEAVY downpour on the eve of AFL premiership season action has failed to hamper ground preparations in Ballarat.
Technically, AFL monitoring consistently rates Mars Stadium as the top surface in the league. Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood earlier this week declared stepping out on Mars as "absolutely pristine" and the best surface he had played on in his AFL career.

Fans have been concerned after hail and darkness encroached on the Bulldogs' mid-winter Sunday twilight match, ironically against Power, last season.
City of Ballarat community development director Neville Ivey has reassured the surface, with a little extra care, was fine.

"Mid-winter you still see footballers runs up and down the wing bouncing the ball and this will be no different," Mr Ivey said. "That's not to say this isn't going to test us a little, like any ground the surface will be a bit greasy."

More than 55 millimetres' rain fell from Thursday 7pm to lunchtime on Friday.

Brisbane Lions' planned open training session on Friday afternoon was moved to Northern Oval number two as a pre-caution. The centre and boundary along the benches was covered. Mr Ivey said AFL estimates were for more than 10,000 fans. Viewing hills on the Mars outer were being monitored with the likelihood of matting to be placed for spectator comfort. Mars Stadium has also undergone a major clean to brighten up stands and football facilities.

The sand profile in the Mars surface is capable of drawing down large levels of rain and moisture. This is the same for other major Ballarat oval upgrades, including The City Oval, Alfredton, CE Brown (Wendouree) and Marty Busch (Sebastopol).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back