Review Round 8, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a shitty team getting that close...........
They were a win outside the eight with the game in hand. They haven't been a shitty team the last few weeks.

Oh boy.

Running on fumes that last quarter. Hard to see us getting through another 3 games in the next 13 days.

I wasn't in favour of rotation before this game. Now it feels like we need that spark.

The greatest teams have the ability to win ugly, we struggled more in the conditions than the Demons did.

I thought we brought good intensity but lacked a bit of polish. Again kicking at goal letting us down and letting the oppo in with a chance.

We really need a nice solid 40 point comfortable win though. My heart can’t keep taking this s**t.

4 points is 4 points

Was a scrap but we put in a big effort to hold on in the end.

Our finishing let them in with a real chance.

In the end, ugly wins happen and this was an ugly win. Take the points and onto the Bombers.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Yep, we limped over the line - but how often did we JUST lose a game during the dark years, where an umpiring call or a skill error cost us? So, this is one back the other way and I'm happy to take the 4 points knowing we weren't at our best.

Melbourne were good but no way that should have been a 4 point win. We really dropped off in pressure and then skills towards the end of that quarter.

wobblypunt

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2006
Brissy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Ipswich Town,Ajax, FCTwente, L-pool
Seems like every game we have a mini-melt. We saw what happened in the finals last year because of that. Hope we sort it out.

Good win though the tough wins should be building character.

I was really worried about this game, and would have taken a narrow win beforehand.

But it feel like we were totally in control up until early in the third quarter. Rayner's poor inside kick seemed to set off a chain reaction. All of a sudden we didn't seem to trust each other to keep executing those percentage options, and started making tired decisions.

6B56691D-E10C-41E8-A0C5-FCC0589F0927.png
9DC3BFCA-5A6D-4BC5-82B5-EC71D9A8B8F7.jpeg

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Another ugly win, 7 goals from 22 scoring shots, but who's counting, I'm celebrating.. Go Lions!!

Got away with that one. A few guys might need a week to refresh.

Really want to shout out Bailey, another great game from him. Also shout-out to Rich who probably pinged his hammy desperately (and successfully) preventing an otherwise certain goal.

When I think of the dees I think of the Neeld years. Have a very hard time seeing them as contenders
Honestly it surprises me as much as anyone. They've been crap for so long that their most common finishing position since I started following AFL has been 17th three times and then 16th twice. And there weren't even 17 (or 18) teams for half those years!

ABC commentary team calling it as it is. Brisbane’s forward line is a problem and they nailed McStay and Hipwood as the issue. The consensus is we have a lot of improvement and it comes down to key forwards.

Back