Review Round 8, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was pretty weak by the club not to challenge McStay's suspension.

Eagles rolled the dice and Yeo gets off. When you have numerous footy people saying McStay's wasn't a two match, but one match worthy, particularly when it was plain as day that Jetta led with his head, then you have an obligation IMO to try to get it reduced. It pisses me off so much that as a club we are just passive and rarely, if ever, challenge any of our players bans.

I wondered if he wasn’t carry a minor injury as well. if he needs a rest as well might not have thought it worth it

I think it was pretty weak by the club not to challenge McStay's suspension.

Eagles rolled the dice and Yeo gets off. When you have numerous footy people saying McStay's wasn't a two match, but one match worthy, particularly when it was plain as day that Jetta led with his head, then you have an obligation IMO to try to get it reduced. It pisses me off so much that as a club we are just passive and rarely, if ever, challenge any of our players bans.
In these 2 instances with West Coast and Brisbane. West Coast i feel would not have one inkling of thought of the $ 10,000 they would lose if they lost the appeal. Brisbane on the other hand i feel would have been a big part of their discussion about the money. Two clubs at 2 different spectrums re the financial tree in these crazy times. If the financial $ was a big factor in our decision then it is a bit sad that this is an overiding factor. Would have been interesting if it was a Harris Andrews or a Lachie Neale in Mcstays position.?

In these 2 instances with West Coast and Brisbane. West Coast i feel would not have one inkling of thought of the $ 10,000 they would lose if they lost the appeal. Brisbane on the other hand i feel would have been a big part of their discussion about the money. Two clubs at 2 different spectrums re the financial tree in these crazy times. If the financial $ was a big factor in our decision then it is a bit sad that this is an overiding factor. Would have been interesting if it was a Harris Andrews or a Lachie Neale in Mcstays position.?
You are correct about MCStay he is at the moment a borderline best 20 player only because he doesn’t kick straight when he has set shots for goal. Other than his kicking he plays his role well. The penalty is harsh given that the other player cannoned into him I mean what could you do? It gives the opportunity for a couple of up and coming players to make a name for themselves. Our backup ruckman is a worry as Smith is not up to it unfortunately. To me McStays report was a maximum of 1 week.

Archie obviously has a pretty serious ankle injury - did anyone spot when this happened during the game?
Syndesmosis, they said, which is often the result of being rolled and pressed in a tackle. His last stat was about halfway into the last term, a hitout. Nothing obvious after that. He did look somewhat uncomfortable standing/running at the time, but was tackled with some legs going all over the place a few minutes before. It seems fairly innocous, but he looked in a bit of pain getting up afterwards. Unless he got it earlier in the game and played on with it (and I'm not planning on going through the first three quarters looking for something), this seems plausible.
View media item 963

Back