Preview Round 8, 2020: Sydney Swans v Hawthorn, 25 July 2020, 3.35pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly not sure why Jones has dropped out of favour. Usually the debutants get a couple of games to find their feet but he got one game where I didn't think he played badly. I also recall clarko saying he'd get a few games to learn his craft at the level...

Happy to see Scrimma back, was one of our best before getting injured. Best of luck to Brookesby.

I’ll post it again.

We’re not a team that just cuts heads and plays kids. We’re already playing a large number of players who are at the very start of their career with us.

That's including two stop gaps that won't be around for that next push and Scrimshaw, a player who has had two pre-seasons and has been quality.

We need more youngsters like Day and Morris getting a crack. Clarko said we would inject young talent, so let's see that happen.

Fun fact: Scrimma’s girlfriend in yr 12 left him and rather quickly moved onto Ollie Florent. Still with him 4 years’ later.

Something to keep an eye on....;)
People make s**t decisions all the time - doesn't mean we should support her decision just because it's been 4yrs in the making.

It's a societal issue. There's actually hundreds of thousands of people that support & date players from Sydney, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Footscray, essendon (lower case 'e' deliberate), Geelong, North Melbourne & some other s**t clubs I can't even think of.

That's including two stop gaps that won't be around for that next push and Scrimshaw, a player who has had two pre-seasons and has been quality.

We need more youngsters like Day and Morris getting a crack. Clarko said we would inject young talent, so let's see that happen.
Stop gap or not. It will be one in, one out in regards to the youngsters, as we don’t like to leave youngsters exposed with little seniority around them.

We won’t see Maginness, Jones, Morris and Day all in the same side this year, unless we were to see a tonne of injuries to our senior players.

As I said earlier in the thread. Clarko is a competitive beast and thinks our best can still win the flag. Every game day decision needs to be looked through that lens. Once that’s out of the question, then you can start talking about the “next push”.

I respect Jono Brown's view that he thinks we need to be harder at the contest.
It's hard to argue against the way we are playing.
We should be able to do that, irrespective of who runs out for us this week.

Absolutely.

We've been overwhelmingly shown up in the clinches for the last two weeks

As I said earlier in the thread. Clarko is a competitive beast and thinks our best can still win the flag. Every game day decision needs to be looked through that lens. Once that’s out of the question, then you can start talking about the “next push”.

We are miles off a flag this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t believe all the fuss about the shape of the ground. This was my home field in 16s and 18s 😉

a pretty good surface except for the cricket pitch...you didn’t want to get tackled on that pitch 😂

View attachment 918502
They could have almost done the cross the boundaries over each other trick on those grounds !

I've seen the HFC Twitter feed referring to yesterday's scrimmage. Are there any other reports? Bigfooty references within any threads? Had a sift through but not found anything

We should be able to do that, irrespective of who runs out for us this week.

That's the thing. That's where our past two pissweak performances have started, it's an effort and desire thing. It's not like we have a s**t midfield. It's really not good enough from Worp, Mitch and Jaegs but they can turn it around fast

Morrison selected in the forward pocket with Hardwick in the back pocket.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a switch here.

Impey is back next wk possible he plays fwd. Clarko started to get his smalls together at the back end of last season
Impey,Wingard,Breust,Silk
We haven't had the cattle this yr at least Hanrahan,Morris,Minch have been trialed, hopefully one of them can cement a spot.

Morrison named in the forward pocket
Hardwick namded back pocket,
i wouldn't be surprised to see a switch here.

Impey is back next wk possible he plays fwd. Clarko started to get his smalls together at the back end of last season
Impey,Wingard,Breust,Silk
We haven't had the cattle this yr at least Hanrahan,Morris,Minch have been trialed, hopefully one of them can cement a spot.
TOB and Cegs also available next week if needed.

There’s a lot of tantrums and what seem to be fair weather fans here. In my opinion we aren’t we bad as the last few weeks has shown. There is talent there but it’s not working for whatever reason. Watch it click and then everyone will be a bit happier.

Not keen on the whole tanking idea.

There’s a lot of tantrums and what seem to be fair weather fans here. In my opinion we aren’t we bad as the last few weeks has shown. There is talent there but it’s not working for whatever reason. Watch it click and then everyone will be a bit happier.

Not keen on the whole tanking idea.
Absolutely no one should be keen on tanking, hard to get rid of a loser culture as we have seen from a lot of clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back