Preview Round 8 2021—Richmond v Geelong, Friday May 7, 7:50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many flags have those blokes won compared to geelongs list?
Sheesh how far off topic can that post be.

If Geelongs current list is aged and a dads army then the real point and the heart of what is being talked about is we are not much better off.

I get it we have won three flags but it doesnt mean our players and a lot of our good ones are not getting old.

Faarts is farking sh*t. No matter what way you dress it up he’s still a spud.

Besides that one shocking kick out on the full, easily had his best game against the dogs.( not a bad game to play well, hardly a downhill skier).

Plays his role and runs hard for the team. Not everyone can be Dusty... also not everyone gets paid like him.

Building a great list and culture is more than just having a gun or two, most teams have them. It is about getting most out of your role players and getting them to ‘buy in’. Even if that means they only get a dozen possessions on the stat sheet and people, including Tiger supporters, call you s**t.

You also have to reward players who do the team thing. Which is why the club has been so reluctant to drop players even if they had a poor individual game, but still did the team thing. You don’t use these players as scapegoats at the selection table, like so many other clubs do.

Pound for pound, Kmac or Houli would be our best players, given the draft picks and salary needed to have them.

( Actually, right now it is Shai, but that will change with his upcoming pay rise)

just my 2 c anyway.

Nothing new every era comes to a end that's why you make the most of your time.It's about planning and having a strong football department and avoid topping up.Perfect example is lions had there era lost there stars and kept topping up and then finally woke up and rebuild through the draft.
Disagree the lions dragged out to the utmost what they could get out of their better players and ignored the long term almost totally.

In 2001 their g/f team averaged 25 yrs 150days. By 2004 the year they lost to P/A and their last throw of the dice their ave age was 27/114 days and hardly a youngster of note had come thru.
They did not top up Mathews just went as far as he could with what he had and ignored any sort of succession planning.

Besides that one shocking kick out on the full, easily had his best game against the dogs.( not a bad game to play well, hardly a downhill skier).

Plays his role and runs hard for the team. Not everyone can be Dusty... also not everyone gets paid like him.

Building a great list and culture is more than just having a gun or two, most teams have them. It is about getting most out of your role players and getting them to ‘buy in’. Even if that means they only get a dozen possessions on the stat sheet and people, including Tiger supporters, call you sh*t.

You also have to reward players who do the team thing. Which is why the club has been so reluctant to drop players even if they had a poor individual game, but still did the team thing. You don’t use these players as scapegoats at the selection table, like so many other clubs do.

Pound for pound, Kmac or Houli would be our best players, given the draft picks and salary needed to have them.

( Actually, right now it is Shai, but that will change with his upcoming pay rise)

just my 2 c anyway.
Wouldn’t be hard to improve on his recent output. I completely understand that every team has role players- Aarts is just biding time he will not be in our best side come the pointy end just as he wasn’t last year.

Last edited:

Building a great list and culture is more than just having a gun or two, most teams have them. It is about getting most out of your role players and getting them to ‘buy in’. Even if that means they only get a dozen possessions on the stat sheet and people, including Tiger supporters, call you sh*t.

just my 2 c anyway.
And aarts was happy and not avoiding anyone's eyes singing in the circle in the after match team song...reckons he belongs...

Selwood on CH7 earlier saying captains should be able to challenge umpiring calls. Gil on the phone to Hocking asking for an update to the rulebook. Geelong think they run the AFL. F...... campaigners
Yeah that’ll be good...
28 minutes later and they would still get it wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cats have been training for 6 months for this game
I really feel we are completely in their heads...
Will win comfortably
Bolton and Baker to take the piss again

Josh Caddy is 28 and his contract runs until the end of next year. I could definitely see him requesting a trade for more opportunities if he can't break back into the side, but not a retirement.

Be interesting to see whether he completes the Saints' forward line, or maybe he'll even go full circle...

AFL+Rd+22+Gold+Coast+v+Carlton+wJJUG22rHgOx.jpg

Can't see us recontracting him, be a case of thanks for your service and enjoy what's left.

He's been great for us over the journey, full respect for what he brought to the club. :thumbsu:

Be interesting to see whether he completes the Saints' forward line, or maybe he'll even go full circle...

AFL+Rd+22+Gold+Coast+v+Carlton+wJJUG22rHgOx.jpg

Can't see us recontracting him, be a case of thanks for your service and enjoy what's left.

He's been great for us over the journey, full respect for what he brought to the club. :thumbsu:
has carlspoon or druggies written all over it

desperados

Selwood on CH7 earlier saying captains should be able to challenge umpiring calls. Gil on the phone to Hocking asking for an update to the rulebook. Geelong think they run the AFL. F...... campaigners
I hope he said it in jest

Or I worry for his post footy brain health...

It's not like cricket where you can set up all the ******* tech on a 10m stretch of the oval.

Imagine trying to review a mark or free kick in the field, we can't even get anything better than the kodak potato-capture9000 for the limited review technology we have around the goals

People have been critical of Scott, given his innate conservatism as a coach, regarding the Sound the Alarm video.
Dimma is a superb coach, but also has a superior brains trust.
Balme, Livo, Kingsley.
Balme has been involved in 10 flags so far, the Midas touch.
Dimma has been referring to Lonergan in the post-match presser too, most of the journos don't realise who he is.
Swans crushed the Cats in the second quarter, five goals to one.
That is the effective style of play you would refer to.

Last edited:
Yet to win a grand final rematch

cant believe our players would see it as a GF rematch.

Would it have any bearing that you are playing the side you played in a GF the year before.

That they are contenders this year would be the only thing you would take into account.

if results have gone against us it is form related (teams catching us in our lazy month) hardly a bogy thing.

I know Dusty is back but he doesnt do what Cotch does. I think people will see just how much this bloke still brings to the table both offensively and defensively.
Underestimated just how big a loss he is.

Agreed. Never comfortable going into a game without him. Add to that our other midfield losses and Im taking any win we can over the next 3 weeks. Unimpressive wins will do fine.

Sheesh how far off topic can that post be.

If Geelongs current list is aged and a dads army then the real point and the heart of what is being talked about is we are not much better off.

I get it we have won three flags but it doesnt mean our players and a lot of our good ones are not getting old.

And this really BURNS you doesnt it .

Kinda takes away your "the coaches are sh!t' The players are s**t the club is sh!t argument
You must really hate watching Richmond win games.

Cmon bro, you know there Buckley’s chance of Dima playing caddy in the 1’s this week
Theres a reason for it, he just hasn't been playing good in the 2s or the 1s. There are other guys that are just playing better than him, and those players are the ones getting the chances.
real concern. In 2018 he was almost an A grader. What’s going on? Is it mental? Lost confidence? Is it because they play him out of position? Being made an example of because of ill discipline? Would be shocking if we cant help him recover his form, they’ve invested a lot into him and at his best he can swing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back