Preview Round 8 2021—Richmond v Geelong, Friday May 7, 7:50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team will be interesting this week. Hard to drop anyone after Friday night.
Does Cotch out for Dusty upset team balance too much?
Who does Vlastuin come in for?
Vlastuin for Aarts and Move Baker permanately forward of the ball.

There's no way Aarts is getting dropped after that game, not ahead of Ross anyway.
He's not needed anymore. Baker far superior it that roll and Bakers spot can be covered by Mansell when Vlastuin is fit.

Long term I would be sending Stack and Bolton I there as well. Imagine a forward line of

Baker, Riewoldt, Bolton
Martin, Lynch, Stack.

* Yeah. No defence is stopping that.

B: Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
HB: Houli, Balta, Short
C: Kmac, Dusty, Pickett
HF: Baker, Edwards, Bolton
F: Lynch, Riewoldt, Rioli
R: Nank, Graham, RCD
Int: Broad, Ross, Mansell, Castagna

In: Dusty, Vlastuin
Out: Cotchin, FAarts
Backline looks back to its best with Houli & Vlaustin in, with Broad as Mr fix it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love KMac but he's a bit off at the minute...
I wonder is we bring Caddy in for him or let Naish start
Did you actually watch the game? There was nothing wrong with kmacs game. He works as hard as any player we have. I'd rather him on one leg than Naish.

I was always against moving Baker forward until a few weeks ago with the realisation that Aarts is a liability, and rioli/Castagna being extremely inconsistent.

I actually realised how bad Aarts was last year...but it's evident he's been even more poor.

Mansell and RCD can easily both stay in the team with Vlastuin coming back, just move Baker forward who is way more crafty!

RCD and Ross should be competing for the permanent spot when Prestia/Cotchin comes back.

I rewatched Fridays game on the weekend and paid particular attention to Rioli and Aarts. Aarts the poor bastard gets pinged for HTB without prior opportunity, but gee his tackling was on game. He was prepared to run the length of the ground to support the backs and then run back to forward 50. It was his 50/50 win and handball to Naish that set up the last goal. His and Rioli's pressure was a big part of the doggies panicked kicking out of their back 50... Hard to see him get dropped unless for Vlas or Dusty. Unfortunately he and Ross two most likely to miss out if they return. Would like to see some games into RCD, I liked the cut of his jib. Had a bit of Cotchin's mongrel and diving for the ball about him. Dimma doesn't like to mess with a winning combo unless necessary... In Dimma we trust!!

He's not needed anymore. Baker far superior it that roll and Bakers spot can be covered by Mansell when Vlastuin is fit.

Long term I would be sending Stack and Bolton I there as well. Imagine a forward line of

Baker, Riewoldt, Bolton
Martin, Lynch, Stack.

fu** Yeah. No defence is stopping that.
Yep that’s a cracker of a forward line has all bases covered . Shedda to make the occasional appearance in the f50, it really would make a couple of permanent small forwards redundant.
Baker just oozes class - clean hands, excellent foot skills, great crumber and courage to go with it. Ticks all the boxes for a A grade small forward

Grimes out due to concussion. Bruce not even looked at by MRP. Dangerous tackle, head shove into the ground after, and later a reckless clip to the head in a marking contest that he was no chance in.

Grimes out due to concussion. Bruce not even looked at by MRP. Dangerous tackle, head shove into the ground after, and later a reckless clip to the head in a marking contest that he was no chance in.
How wasnt that marking contest 50?
Gutless umpiring in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back