Preview Round 8 2021—Richmond v Geelong, Friday May 7, 7:50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder... Is Bruce going to come under any scrutiny for his late hit and pushing Grimes' melon into the ground?? I remember Lynch was practically crucified last year...
There were two incidents, the coat hanger by Jodie Bruce and the push into the ground, no action taken

Grimes out due to concussion. Bruce not even looked at by MRP. Dangerous tackle, head shove into the ground after, and later a reckless clip to the head in a marking contest that he was no chance in.
Lynch got absolutely crucified when he pushed that Brisbane players head. Not a peep when another player does the same thing.

Ralphsmith could be very tasty, rate the mullet
Ralphsmith playing actually makes a fair bit of sense. If we want to play Baker more up forward and Pickett more inside, then the vacant spot in the team is on a wing, where his speed, endurance and marking ability are well suited.

Ralphsmith playing actually makes a fair bit of sense. If we want to play Baker more up forward and Pickett more inside, then the vacant spot in the team is on a wing, where his speed, endurance and marking ability are well suited.

Worth noting though that Ralphsmith has been playing half-forward in the VFL, not on the wing. Likewise, Naish has been at half-back.

Another one on positioning which I also mentioned in the review thread, but Baker was not playing a traditional small forward role on Friday night. I watched him closely and he was splitting his time on the wing (which he's being doing for a few weeks) and in the traditional Lambert/Graham high-half forward role.

It's not to say he couldn't perform well if we asked him to replace Aarts, but that's not what he was doing last week at least.

Cant wait for broady to towel up whoever he gets to play on.
Blokes in AA type form. Can play on small or tall and never loses a one on one.
His weakness for me was always his kicking which he’s sharpened up in recent seasons.
Glad we held onto him.

Cant wait for broady to towel up whoever he gets to play on.
Blokes in AA type form. Can play on small or tall and never loses a one on one.
His weakness for me was always his kicking which he’s sharpened up in recent seasons.
Glad we held onto him.
Yeah love him too. Takes crucial interceptions. So versatile. Quick, strong and improving every year. Has wonderful fitness too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope our 3rd quarter team from last week shows up this week. Cats seem questionable on staying 4 quarters. As long as we don't let them out to too bigger margin in the early phase, we should be OK.
Imagine if we bring that third quarter every game. We would be undefeated. That's seriously one of the most dominate quarters of footy I've ever seen

Could not agree more look at forward line difference when Baker went there after half time
Aarts is not at AFL standard
Actually fell in love with Baker that third quarter. Guy is like 172? Yet hits harder than men twice his size and so skillful. Would love to see him in the fwd line more or just wherever we need him

One warrior defender in for another,one superstar mid in for another.

Just play the Richmond way and we have this.

Tiger Army will be ferocious again this week with another 50k plus attendance.

Worth noting though that Ralphsmith has been playing half-forward in the VFL, not on the wing. Likewise, Naish has been at half-back.

Another one on positioning which I also mentioned in the review thread, but Baker was not playing a traditional small forward role on Friday night. I watched him closely and he was splitting his time on the wing (which he's being doing for a few weeks) and in the traditional Lambert/Graham high-half forward role.

It's not to say he couldn't perform well if we asked him to replace Aarts, but that's not what he was doing last week at least.
Baker was playing Lambert's role more than anything else.

Ralphsmith started at half forward and didn't really impact because the game was being played in Werribee's half, so moved onto the wing later in the game and looked much better.

Grimes is a massive out could be the difference between Cameron or Hawkins kicking a bag. Maybe bring in CCJ and have nank drop back as the extra defender
Nank is fantastic when he has to fill a hole and stop those long kicks deep into our fifty, but pretty much useless if they’re able to kick short to a lead.
we need to win clearances to beat them me thinks.Or pressure their mids so they can’t kick effectively to their forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back