Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
Best bit is when luke Hodge says something about tactics etc and the nuffies in the box are like boy woweeeee that is something huh Hodgey

Or "thanks Hodgey"

Cause they have nfi
Watching this showed me a side to the game I just didn't and still don't know enough about. The sad part is that the media and commentary team does not even mention half this stuff during the game. Hodge more recently is probably the best commentator so far in terms of breaking down team strategy. He's been a breath of fresh air.

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
Managed to snag a rare behind the scenes photo taken the next day showing the effects of the GF press conference on Saltmaster Scott...

r

I suppose the cats have bought in their fair share of older players but that doesnt alter the fact that we too have almost as many older players as they do.
If people are going to label Geelong Dads army based on AGE then they should be doing similar with us.
We aren't discussing premierships or longevity but age.

I understand people dont like the thought that we too are in the dads army category. What i dont get is why they happily apply it oppo sides and dont think it should apply to us.

The difference is that we have many young players of quality that we are bringing through. AFL quality players 23 and under (Born 1998 or later) Shai, Balta, Graham, Ross, Baker, Stack, Mansell. Plus the heap of guys we know have capability that we have gotten some games into; RCD, Naish, CCJ, Garth, Egg. Plus the guys that haven't played AFL yet.

So we know that unlike the Cats we have youth of high quality coming through, and we have a succession inbuilt in our list. Over the next couple of years I'd expect the number of younger guys to increase and us to transition to a fresh looking squad.

And of course the core of the team has a heap of players under 24-28 (97-93); Rioli (97), Castagna (97), Soldo (97), Short (96), Aarts (94), Nank (94), Vlas (94), KMac (94), Broad (93).

So mate, we have a really good team under 28. Geelong don't. That's why the joke.

And taking that joke seriously is a sign that perhaps you don't quite get the banter. Damn we're good and they suck because of X (GWS = Plastic, Pies = Imploding, Carlton = :drunk:, ... Cats = OLD)

Anyway, hope we win tonight and you have a great weekend.

Why the name change?

Best bit is when luke Hodge says something about tactics etc and the nuffies in the box are like boy woweeeee that is something huh Hodgey

Or "thanks Hodgey"

Cause they have nfi

tactics = kick it to someone and then ..... ummm handball it to somoni. Oooohhh a tackle. Aren't we lovable boofheads who are either ex-players of related to someone. Or in Robbo's case drunk

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Watching this showed me a side to the game I just didn't and still don't know enough about. The sad part is that the media and commentary team does not even mention half this stuff during the game. Hodge more recently is probably the best commentator so far in terms of breaking down team strategy. He's been a breath of fresh air.
The media and commentary are buffoons, and unfortunately tonight we will have the biggest moron on

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Things are really bad when i care less of Geelong's ins and out and care more of the Umpires ins and outs.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Leigh Hansen, Andrew Stephens and Nathan Williamson are the umps tonight, specially brought in by SHocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back