Game Day Round 8, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Fremantle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We always get opposition sides back into the game just when we are on the threshold of kicking away to a 10+ goal win. This is why we never get the minor premiership.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think our midfield has broken even. Forwards the difference in this match

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
Hardly. We have dominated all day and aren't going to lose. We don't need to be flat track bullies and win by 80. As much as it would be nice, it makes no logical sense to play too hard and risk injuries.
But that's the problem. We dominate and somehow lose the quarter haha. This club works too hard not to get better reward on the scoreboard in games like these.

I think our midfield has broken even. Forwards the difference in this match

I think our midfield has been better but it's not a dominant advantage.

I think the forwards have taken that marginal advantage and turned it into 6 more goals so far.

Hardly. We have dominated all day and aren't going to lose. We don't need to be flat track bullies and win by 80. As much as it would be nice, it makes no logical sense to play too hard and risk injuries.

We aren't flat track bullies but we need to stop playing the score. We need to open the margin and keep the margin, instead of slowing and giving the other team a window

Mar 19, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
But that's the problem. We dominate and somehow lose the quarter haha. This club works too hard not to get better reward on the scoreboard in games like these.
I have no idea, but we never seem to put teams to the sword. It could just be the coaches trying to keep the players fresh?

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

We did not dominate that quarter

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm not that disappointed by regular players switching off, it happens when you're up big. But the fringe players should go all out in an effort to keep themselves in the side for next week. I'm looking at you, Matho.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Horrible to let 4 of them run forward from that contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back