Review Round 8, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Fremantle

Who were your five best players against Fremantle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last week nobody would have expected us to win by 50 points.

It's all swings and roundabouts percentage wise. Much more likely that the dodgy decision in Geelong ends up being costly if we're splitting hairs at the end of the season.

It'll even out. This isn't even our worst win in the last 12 months, north game was way worse.

Especially after winning four in a row which prior to 2019 we hadn't done since... 2010.
Still remember the excitement of heading to the G' to watch that Demons match in Round 5.

Was not a fun night.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Clug played a great game IMO. So did Richy. Ah Chee wasn't too shabby either. Bailey missing goals wasn't the best but he threw himself into contests. Charlie wasn't as good as last week but he seems to be firing up again.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm not unhappy.

We were a bit sloppy once we had it won.

Who cares.

Lyons ,Clug ,Rich a class above .

Maybe they'll realise Ah Chee has too much talent to be wasted in the backline . Getting better with his hands. McCarthy is a real spark for us and more reliable with his disposal than Charlie.

Oscar tried hard but not moving overly freely.

Forgettable game , no injuries, job done.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
I'm not unhappy.

We were a bit sloppy once we had it won.

Who cares.

Lyons ,Clug ,Rich a class above .

Maybe they'll realise Ah Chee has too much talent to be wasted in the backline . Getting better with his hands. McCarthy is a real spark for us and more reliable with his disposal than Charlie.

Oscar tried hard but not moving overly freely.

Forgettable game , no injuries, job done.

Being " a bit sloppy" can cost percentage.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Anyway 5th on the ladder. Above Sydney, West Coast & Richmond. Not bad considering our start to the season.

Being above Richmond makes me.......... slightly happier.
Being above the swans after having our arse handed to us by a bunch of no name teenagers, slightly moreso. Being above WC is meh since they lost games to non contenders that they should have won.

Starcevich was outstanding I thought, wouldn't surprise me if he features in the coaches votes.

He's having a fantastic season. Probably the best performing lockdown small defender in the league right now.

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Being above Richmond makes me.......... slightly happier.
Being above the swans after having our arse handed to us by a bunch of no name teenagers, slightly moreso. Being above WC is meh since they lost games to non contenders that they should have won.
Those no name teenagers almost dethroned the undefeated Dees at the MCG last night, they beat Geelong and completely dismantled the Tigers, also at the MCG. They're not as hot as they were during the first 4 weeks of the season but despite that I'm happy we have overtaken them.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wish I felt entitled enough to whinge about margins but almost 15 years of losses have conditioned me otherwise.

I don't care about the margin. Good teams often let lesser teams get closer than they should.

It's just the... 'when it suits us'... mentality.. It's bad on field culture.

It’s probably pretty hard for professional footballers to keep the same level of focus when the opposition is as poor as Freo were.

Bit if a meh nothing to see here game.

Last edited:
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Coasted in neutral in the 4th again. Injury management but yeah, don’t want to make a big habit of it.

If you are disappointed, let this gif loop 20 times and you’ll feel better in the morning.

A0FB3B57-BE99-44D5-B130-8ACF46423E78.gif

Coasted in neutral in the 4th again. Injury management but yeah, don’t want to make a big habit of it.

If you are disappointed, let this gif loop 20 times and you’ll feel better in the morning.

View attachment 1122942

Clugga was a magician in that play.. one second he was there and in the next he's gone haha

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women

View attachment 1122942

I thought Clug was a superstar tonight. * I'm glad he plays for us.

Fagenslions36

All Australian
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I honestly don’t care if mathison s liked amongst the playing ground or that rubbish fluke goal he kicked . Watching him the last 2 weeks he just isn’t going to take this team form . Embarrassment he is called beast mode , aka John Payton getting the name The general . We have to substandard reserves mids on our team of matho and yoleman not up to scratch .

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Those no name teenagers almost dethroned the undefeated Dees at the MCG last night, they beat Geelong and completely dismantled the Tigers, also at the MCG. They're not as hot as they were during the first 4 weeks of the season but despite that I'm happy we have overtaken them.

Richmond IMO didn't really play that well and the cats are a lower 8 team at best.

Back