Preview Round 8, 2021: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 8th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really dumb question, I guess I should know this but I happen to be in Cairns on Saturday and ads for the match in Cairns are appearing in the Saints app.
is Metricon the Cairns stadium?
No

Remember reading similar comments before the Dees and Bombers games

I thought our game against the Dees was another 50/50 game like this one but I thought we would beat Essendon like most people did.

The difference with those games is that we were missing Marshall and Ryder, it wasn't the only reason we lost those games but it was a big factor.

With Marshall and Ryder back it gives you a lot more confidence that we can win most games or at least be more competitive.

Interesting article in the Hun today about (oh wait is that racist or derogatory? Should I perhaps edit this post? Meh)

Interesting article in the paper today about the draw.

apparently from here on in we have the third hardest draw (makes sense -we still have to play one game against four of the top five and two of those teams we have to play twice. But yeah - should be a fun few months.

must beat the Suns or its back to square season ****ed.

F6644EB2-06BC-49EF-BFA4-DB2C54EF1078.png

We're pushing sh*t up hill with our tough draw which is why we can't afford to drop games against non top 8 teams like the Suns, it's a must win game.
That’s kind of what I meant. To those of you questioning why Gringo and me and others are so pessimistic about this season I present exhibit a

And the fact we have * all percentage makes it hard too. Hopefully we can draw the cats or tigers or lions to make percentage irrelevant.

Interesting article in the Hun today about (oh wait is that racist or derogatory? Should I perhaps edit this post? Meh)

Interesting article in the paper today about the draw.

apparently from here on in we have the third hardest draw (makes sense -we still have to play one game against four of the top five and two of those teams we have to play twice. But yeah - should be a fun few months.

must beat the Suns or its back to square season f’ed.

View attachment 1119233
How can Melbourne have a hard draw, they’re unbeaten... I’d hate to see them fall away after already winning a dual flag in April, with the dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking Highmore would be a good match up on Corbett, he's got a good leap & can be aggressive at it, but just for the GC game, then hopefully Frawley is ready to take on bigger bodied Geelong. Battle is stiff not to have C.H.B locked down, so not sure what they are going to do with him. With him in the forward line , we look too top heavy.

While you are right Sunshine, I'm sure George was simply taking an Einstein-ien view of things and speaking in (general) relativistic terms.

;)
I am Einstein so yes that'd be correct.

I've voted for the Saints win, but so far I have one match prediction right this year! Who knows, but it would be very nice to get two consecutive good performances. It's definitely winnable, so I'm quietly confident. We just need to see which Saints team turns up on the day.

match ups
Dougs> king
Wilkie> Corbett
Highmore/Joyce > burgess
Webster>rankine

Really hope we can make guys like bowes, lukosius and Ellis accountable defensive and also shut them down. They had it very easy last week winning a lot of uncontested ball, which helped them beat the pies last week. Ellis really opened up a lot of the play last week and honestly was quite damaging.

If he’s Jack Riewoldt size what’s stopping him or what attributes is he lacking to be a power forward? Jack Riewoldt’s no Nick but he’s managed ok I think, 3 Coleman’s and 3 premierships as their key forward. Josh Battle should be more than capable of doing that for us

Mate if we win 3 premierships I don't care if we have Tim Elliott lining up in the ruck with Gordon Fode at FF

We have an astronomical advantage in the ruck for this game. Ryder and Marshall against Caleb Graham; a 20 year old 195cm defender who has played 14 games with support from the 191cm, 19 game utility Chris Burgess. If our mids come to play we should win comfortably.
It will be amazingly good if that’s the case, and even the article on the AFL website tipped that they would be no change for the 3rd straight week, but surely they’ll bring Zac Smith in, after he got through a game in the ressies last weekend.

Imagine Ryder in particular against those other two tho if they don’t!

Wow, they’re going in unchanged again according to Dew!

Paddy will think all his Christmases have come at once.

Hopefully this will be like the game up there a couple of years ago, when Longer was putting it out in front of Stuv and co. all day long for them to run onto (including to Gresh, outside the pack for that winning goal in the last minute), and we won the clearances by a record margin.

They have some serious grunt on the inside with Greenwood in particular (going at an insane 3 contested possessions to every one uncontested, this year!), but if Paddy can get it to the outside, in front of guys like Jones and Hill, we could be in business.

Him and Roma really could have a field day.

Last edited:
Mate if we win 3 premierships I don't care if we have Tim Elliott lining up in the ruck with Gordon Fode at FF

Gordon Fode?? What a blast from the past 😆 Didn't he have a 40-50 goal year in the late 80's. I remember him booting consistent 4 goal bags a few weeks in a row. He disappeared quickly though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back