Preview Round 8, 2021: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 8th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it would definitely seem the most reliable form guide for StKilda is the hopes of the supporters.

We should all just write off the whole season and not watch or listen to any games, then watch our premiership on replay.
Rinse and repeat the next year..

Do you think that would work Scrappy!? It's outside the box thinking, but if you think it'll land us a premiership...I'm willing to not watch a thing to make that happen 😉

We’re not going to Sydney. Unless there’s been a venue change I don’t know about.

We need a Covid outbreak in the Gold Coast so they relocate this game to Melbourne like they relocated the Freo game from Perth to Brisbane.

This is what we get for being reliant on the League. When there's a sh1t sandwich to be handed out it will always come to us. Ben Long had to eat one last year..

How do you think DMac feels, executes a perfect bump, looks like there was no real proper head contact and gets a week. Frisch elbows someone's head and does real damage....no problem.

Swings and roundabouts.

We had an easy fixture last year and probably wouldn't have made finals at all, let alone win one, had our draw been even a little tougher.

I want us to win a FLAG in the next few years- I'm not interested in us merely being competitive and peaking with this group at ~6th place and the occasional finals appearance and win.

We've been rebuilding for a decade and our best 22 are mostly all entering (or in) their prime years- now is the time in the next few years for us to be up challenging for top 4 and a flag.

We should be in the 2009 mindset of expecting to win regardless of who or where we play.

Any team, anywhere.

If we are still needing to hide behind fixturing excuses after a decade in the wilderness then we are wasting our time.
May as well bottom out again and tank.

So I actually think a tough draw this year could be a very good thing for us.
If we can prove to ourselves that we can regularly best good teams this year, that will almost certainly get us closer to a flag with this group.

If we can't and have a lousy year, well it shows we have a soft underbelly that isn't anywhere near flag contention- so we need to make more big changes in the offseason.

I like the idea but I don't think we have a premiership list yet. Probably need the Clark and Coffield generation to get to around 100 games before we are a serious threat and keep adding pieces.

The fixture could be the difference between us making money or not. If we make finals we create the image of a team on the rise. It could make a huge difference to memberships and momentum including luring players to us.

Of course when you are ready to challenge you want to play the best and beat the best, when you're a middler you want to meet predominantly middlers and bottom teams.

How do you think DMac feels, executes a perfect bump, looks like there was no real proper head contact and gets a week. Frisch elbows someone's head and does real damage....no problem.

Seems like 'potential' to cause injury is now out the window.

Looks like it applies to just one indigeneous player. Doesn't elbowing someone in the head have the 'potential' to cause injury?

Why don't we catch an earlier flight,don't tell the AFL

Charter flight. So can be changed.

No AFL Teams are on scheduled flights at present due to the recent WA cases, but now also the more recent NSW Cases. Cannot risk flying with a positive passenger.

I know this is an extreme point of view but this ban could cost him his place in the team for a number of weeks. Bytel has come in and done great and Byrnes had a good debut and doesn’t deserve to be dropped.

Probably won’t cause him to miss too many weeks, but could which is risky for a player who was recently fringe at best.

It’s lucky he got a 10 year extension under Richo actually.

Seems like 'potential' to cause injury is now out the window.

Looks like it applies to just one indigeneous player. Doesn't elbowing someone in the head have the 'potential' to cause injury?

DMac got that too I reckon, he did no actual damage other than making Wines head shake violently. I'm not sure he even went off the ground at all after it.

Fritsch is lucky that Powell didn't end up with a broken jaw or concussion or he surely would have missed weeks.

The potential to cause injury still should have seen him miss at least a week though.

Like the umpiring the MRP decisions have no consistency.

Charter flight. So can be changed.

No AFL Teams are on scheduled flights at present due to the recent WA cases, but now also the more recent NSW Cases. Cannot risk flying with a positive passenger.

Disappointing that in 2021 the AFL and its clubs still won’t catch the same plane with a HIV positive person. The stigma needs to stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are we getting teams tonight? I know the AFL confirmed Thursday teams is back but is that from today?

Fritsch is lucky that Powell didn't end up with a broken jaw or concussion or he surely would have missed weeks.

The potential to cause injury still should have seen him miss at least a week though.

Like the umpiring the MRP decisions have no consistency.
If they gave him weeks then it would put big questions on fend offs which would massively hit the AFL's dream child Dusty.
Gill couldnt have that

Yeah I'm pretty sure its from tonight - typical though - it happens on a no melt night since there will be no change to the Saints team.
doesn't look like it as only the friday teams are up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back