Preview Round 8, 2021: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 8th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is an extreme point of view but this ban could cost him his place in the team for a number of weeks. Bytel has come in and done great and Byrnes had a good debut and doesn’t deserve to be dropped.

Probably won’t cause him to miss too many weeks, but could which is risky for a player who was recently fringe at best.

It’s lucky he got a 10 year extension under Richo actually.
Now we know he has hurt his calf, is it possible he did something to it in that game and the reason we didnt challenge was because he was going to be out anyway?

Gordon Fode?? What a blast from the past 😆 Didn't he have a 40-50 goal year in the late 80's. I remember him booting consistent 4 goal bags a few weeks in a row. He disappeared quickly though...

One of those players who was too good for the reserves but couldn't quite make the step up.

Now we know he has hurt his calf, is it possible he did something to it in that game and the reason we didnt challenge was because he was going to be out anyway?

Yeah good point, also if you are going to pull the ‘challenge the ban’ card you prob save those for top 6-12 player types.

Yeah good point, also if you are going to pull the ‘challenge the ban’ card you prob save those for top 6-12 player types.
Additionally, we're still a long way from setting our best 22, so the message to the squad is very much; "who else is going to step up like D-Mac has?"

AFL screw us yet again. Start time moved to 13.45 meaning our players have less time to get over their jet lag.
Suns by 76.

have we considered the double negative?

slower players will get quick... the faster ones slower... we know the physics!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of a tough draw...

Gold Coast haven’t met Bytel yet. They might get a little shock with his inside work.

Was just looking at who he has played in his first 9 games:

2020 - Geelong (debut), Bombers, Lions
2021 - GWS, Melbourne, West Coast, Tigers, Port Adelaide & Hawthorn

He’s had a fair look at some good inside mids already. I don’t feel like Greenwood, Miller & Swallow esquires will have him trembling in his boots. I dare say he’s looking forward to the challenge.

Bourke was a nice kick for sure , Johnny's claim to fame was playing as a school kid , wasn't much chop though
Yeah, was pretty big news at school when he got named for his debut. I spoke to him a few times at school (he was a bit older than me) and he always seemed really nice and humble.
If I remember, his first possession was a terrific handball from the pack to the outside at Moorabbin, showed really good vision and skill.
Didn't do much that I remember after that, I heard an unfortunate story about a training incident with Burkey.
Was good enough to win a Liston medal though for Frangger if I remember.

Kent covers ground slower than Neptune rotates around the Sun.

To be fair to Kent Neptune revolves around the Sun at about 5.43km/second.

I can't be arsed doing the maths, but he would be able to cover the length of Marvel in about 0.05 of a second.

Don't reckon there'd be too many players in the AFL who could keep up with that kind of supersonic speed.

#BringBackKent

With the amount of winning names on our list like Max King and, Josh Battle and Jack Steele, I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a bloke by the name of Kent Neptune. Likely to be as strong as the God of the Sea too, with a big blond beard and dodgy kicking action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back