Preview Round 8, 2021: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 8th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Kent Neptune revolves around the Sun at about 5.43km/second.

I can't be arsed doing the maths, but he would be able to cover the length of Marvel in about 0.05 of a second.

Don't reckon there'd be too many players in the AFL who could keep up with that kind of supersonic speed.

#BringBackKent
I think three others have gone over it. You'd have to be stupid to not understand what I was saying, lol.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
With the amount of winning names on our list like Max King and, Josh Battle and Jack Steele, I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a bloke by the name of Kent Neptune. Likely to be as strong as the God of the Sea too, with a big blond beard and dodgy kicking action.
"King" Kent Neptune - the man that turned St Kilda into a true Victorian juggernaut and single handedly stopped us from being relocated to the Gold Coast and raising enough money to finance the 2nd phase of the Moorabbin redevelopment to include a 35000 seat stand that hosted 28 AFL games a year.
Adobe_Post_20210506_2200050.5594383633086685.jpeg

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
"King" Kent Neptune - the man that turned St Kilda into a true Victorian juggernaut and single handedly stopped us from being relocated to the Gold Coast and raising enough money to finance the 2nd phase of the Moorabbin redevelopment to include a 35000 seat stand that hosted 28 AFL games a year.View attachment 1120277
You forgot six premierships.

also I gotta ask are you a Rush fan? Or is the number of marks a coincidence?

Saintbloke

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
We need more breakout games from some of our players- a big one from Jones last week but generally too many comfort zone efforts this season. I'm hoping Steele has a big game, as he just seems a bit of the pace although doing OK. Don't underestimate the Sun's midfield as they're pretty strong and hard at it.

I think three others have gone over it. You'd have to be stupid to not understand what I was saying, lol.

As the forum's expert on idiotic analogies, I suggest staying well away from anything that stirs the nerds into action. Unless you want a tsunami of pedantic correction posts, never mention Star Wars, Star Trek, science, anything to do with space or the constellations, chemical formulae or any thing that can be refuted by running a complex set of algorithms to.

Keep it low brow and relatable, something like Dean Kent is as slow as an '85 Barina automatic on a steep hill, nerds will feel emasculated because they all ride bikes and have the Myki office on speed dial, the blokey types are too busy having their morning long necks to worry about the fact that the '85 didn't come out as an automatic.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
As the forum's expert on idiotic analogies, I suggest staying well away from anything that stirs the nerds into action. Unless you want a tsunami of pedantic correction posts, never mention Star Wars, Star Trek, science, anything to do with space or the constellations, chemical formulae or any thing that can be refuted by running a complex set of algorithms to.

Keep it low brow and relatable, something like Dean Kent is as slow as an '85 Barina automatic on a steep hill, nerds will feel emasculated because they all ride bikes and have the Myki office on speed dial, the blokey types are too busy having their morning long necks to worry about the fact that the '85 didn't come out as an automatic.
Needs more cheese and lord of the rings... oh and don’t get barrels started on barbershop quartets and blazers.

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Additionally, we're still a long way from setting our best 22, so the message to the squad is very much; "who else is going to step up like D-Mac has?"
Step up like Dmac has? Give me a break he's played 1 decent game this year. He hasn't stepped up he pulled a *ing rabbit out of a hat and now you're carrying on like he's houdini.

Step up like Dmac has? Give me a break he's played 1 decent game this year. He hasn't stepped up he pulled a f*n rabbit out of a hat and now you're carrying on like he's houdini.

DMac is a god, shut up.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Step up like Dmac has? Give me a break he's played 1 decent game this year. He hasn't stepped up he pulled a f*n rabbit out of a hat and now you're carrying on like he's houdini.
Perhaps you were away that week, but FYI the Dtrain is a good player now and we here are all aboard!!
Throwing h8 his way is like sooo pre second half of last month..

"King" Kent Neptune - the man that turned St Kilda into a true Victorian juggernaut and single handedly stopped us from being relocated to the Gold Coast and raising enough money to finance the 2nd phase of the Moorabbin redevelopment to include a 35000 seat stand that hosted 28 AFL games a year.View attachment 1120277
Even Neptune still cannot kick a goal.!!!!!! As my mum would say we couldve had 1,762 goals and instead kicks so many points.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
If we are going to make a impact this year we have to beat teams like the Suns by a good margin , hopefully we do.
Suns up there in particular aren’t the sort of team that any side would bank on beating by a good margin, at least not if they’re on their game. Just ask the then 4-1 Sydney, who lost to them by 40 points, two weeks ago!

Any win for us this weekend will be a very good one and a strong indication that we’re back on track.

True Believer

All Australian
Jul 6, 2005
My own little world
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Saints
Yeah, was pretty big news at school when he got named for his debut. I spoke to him a few times at school (he was a bit older than me) and he always seemed really nice and humble.
If I remember, his first possession was a terrific handball from the pack to the outside at Moorabbin, showed really good vision and skill.
Didn't do much that I remember after that, I heard an unfortunate story about a training incident with Burkey.
Was good enough to win a Liston medal though for Frangger if I remember.
I remember watching him particularly because I had not long started full time work and worked with his sister in law (reasonably tidy). He was very good for how young he was, but didn't really stand out as special if you took his age out of the equation, and he just never really seemed to get much better.

True Believer

All Australian
Jul 6, 2005
My own little world
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Saints

Sorry, anyone with enough testosterone to have a morning long neck would not be caught anywhere near a ******* Barina!! That is unless they were using it as a wheel chock for a real car with a dodgy handbrake!

True Believer

All Australian
Jul 6, 2005
My own little world
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Saints

Sorry, but pulling rabbits out of hats seems entirely appropriate for Houdini !! From now on perhaps Houdini MacKenzie should be Hmac??

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams

An 85 Barina was a rebadged Suzuki Cultus.
In GTi form they produced 84Kw , which meant they could wind up to around 188km/h. Pretty good for 1298cc. 835Kg meant it accelerated really well, but don't crash.

This can be compared to the average Holden 6 of the day producing 86kw and weighing 1220kg, or even worse a Corona with a 4 cylinder Holden engine producing 58Kw from 2.1 litre.

Now as everyone knows, applying power through a gearbox produces a torque at the wheels. This torque produces a force at the tyre face which is the Torque divided by the outer radius of the tyre.
Force = mass x acceleration, so the acceleration of the vehicle will be Force/mass which is directly proportional to Power/mass.
Therefore if Dean Kent is like a Barina , the Commodore of the time must have been like Stuart Dew 3 years into retirement.
Fun fact, there was a road-runner edition of the 85 Barina , complete with warner bros decal. It accompanied the "Beep Beep Barina " advertising campaign.

HEY!!! I ride a bike. I get in trouble drinking long necks when i drive a car. Besides i lost my license.

(amidoingitright)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back