Preview Round 8, 2021: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 8th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Byrnes showed last week he’s not up to it just yet. I’d be looking at bringing in Kent for his foot speed through the middle.
Yes he is quick.

Kent moves at 35kph.

Unfortunately the ball moves at 45kph in the opposite direction when it bounces off his chest.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think Byrnes showed last week he’s not up to it just yet. I’d be looking at bringing in Kent for his foot speed through the middle.
Think concussion might hold him back ;)

Kent covers ground slower than Neptune rotates around the Sun.

Roddy Grant

Tier 5 ITK - formerly Indie Rock
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jan 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can’t see the Thursday night team selections causing much drama on here.

1620132902510.gif

Maybe DMac in as game day sub for Stonecutter Wood.

Mar 14, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds united, Chicago Bulls
Yes he is quick.

Kent moves at 35kph.

Unfortunately the ball moves at 45kph in the opposite direction when it bounces off his chest.
Random story.
I used to sit with a cracking group of fellas in aisle 35 about 10 years ago that used to call Kosi stonehands for a similar reason.

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can’t see the Thursday night team selections causing much drama on here.

Apart from the Sub. most likely will be no change to reward such a good team effort.

If there was a change, given the GC forward line is not tall apart from Ben, it could be Joyce for Highmore.

But after GC we have Cats and Dogs and both have at least two tall forwards. Dogs may play three (Naughton, Bruce and English). So they may wish to develop Joyce more just in case Frawley is not ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 10, 2020
Western Suburbs, Melb.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Got a feeling that Highmore & McKenzie will come in for Battle & Joyce, but i'm never correct.
This would be a bit... Meh... For me. Battle wasn't outstanding (although I think it's hard for him due to his floating role changes) and Joyce I feel was serviceable. Not amazing but far less disappointing than last time I saw him at AFL level.

Highmore has also proven to be serviceable. Smaller body than Joyce but better intercepts? And DMac well. He's DMac. Hard at it. Hard runner. But imo lacks a bit of polish and doesn't provide quite as much forward/back flexibility as Battle obviously.

Leave the team as is.

Reward them for turning it around and providing the effort they did.

You know where the next barramundi is going don't you if you talk about my boy like that ever again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back