Preview Round 8, 2021: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 8th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yTWu7Hp.png

Anyone would be stiffed to be dropped for this one. Lonie and co will have a bit of work to do to get back in.
There should always be a spot for The D-Train but.
9FC9E866-A203-4DE4-8679-B42568CC669E.jpeg

11men1cup

All Australian
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lucky for battle, I believe in not dropping anyone from a win like that.

But Josh really needs to find his role asap. Most likely down back.

Gold coast are coming off two big wins. Heaps of momentum.

That being said, if we play at our best, vs if GC play at theirs, we should win. But who knows which St Kilda will turn up.

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

JSincsThighGap

Debutant
Jun 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Both teams are 3 and 4 after dissapointing starts to the season. Both coming off good wins. Especially gold coast.
Both teams MUST win to keep finals chances realistically alive.
I dont think i am exageraring when i say this is one of if not THE biggest game of the suns history. Win this and they will be full of belief for a charge towards finals.
Saints will need to be at their best. Gold coast will not fold easy like the hawks did. But if the saints win our season isnt iver just yet.
King Bowl II is going to be huuuge

D2D3

Club Legend
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Went to both games on Saturday, we looked the better side with the pies only being a marginally better opposition than Hawthorn.

That said the Suns are a tough team, always looked like scoring when they went forward and we are playing them up there not in Melbourne. I’d hope we can get up but it’ll most likely be a close game

scotteydog

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Definately look a better team with Marshall & Ryder in it. Good move by Ratten to start Hill at H.B., get his confidence up early, then move him into the midfield. Jones needs to keep his body right, is so important when fit. Byrnes & Bytel need to get games into them, to keep growing their confidence. Joyce is another one who needs continuity. Pretty much our best team out there, unless Frawley has a blinder in the Magoo's. No change for this game. Go Sainter's.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
He played 90 minutes of footy. Not sure he wasn't needed is a good enough excuse. He needs to get his hands on the footy more, needs to take more marks.
I would love to hear the coaches explain what they think we get out of Battle on a wing. He's literally had one good game there out of the entire time we've persisted with it. He is really struggling. Getting thrown around so much doesn't help him, but he doesn't look threatening as a forward either at the moment.

Last edited:

scotteydog

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Going on that game, this might seem obvious or possibly a little unfair, but I believe our most important player's that need to be on the park week in week out, are Howard, Jones, Marshall , Ryder & possibly Frawley to come, who would possibly shore up the leaks in the backline, with his experience & body strength. The current other's are important, but we have the players to replace them, when needed.

scotteydog

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would love to hear the coaches explain what think we get out of Battle on a wing. He's literally had one good game there out of the entire time we've persisted with it. He is really struggling. Getting thrown around so much doesn't help him, but he doesn't look threatening as a forward either at the moment.
Hugely stiff, to have Joyce take his position in the backline. Battle is still young, reckon he needs to put on another 4kg's to be a power forward.

scotteydog

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
He's never going to be a power forward. He's more of a hard running forward, similar to Membrey.

He's just not getting to the right spots.
Taller than Membrey, puts on another 4kg's would put him at N.Riewoldt's size & hard running then. Although he is J.Riewoldt's size at the minute. Hard gig in the forward line when you have King, Marshall & Membrey there. Battle is not quite quick enough for a H.F. role. Maybe King should play the wing role for now, haha, is agile enough.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Taller than Membrey, puts on another 4kg's would put him at N.Riewoldt's size & hard running then. Although he is J.Riewoldt's size at the minute. Hard gig in the forward line when you have King, Marshall & Membrey there. Battle is not quite quick enough for a H.F. role. Maybe King should play the wing role for now, haha, is agile enough.
I get that he is taller than Membrey but Membrey has always played taller than he is.

I just don't see him being that big contested forward, as a junior he was more of a Jack Gunston type that would find the footy by getting up and down the ground.

He's not quick but he is a very good endurance runner.

He is taller than Membrey also taller than Darling and Allen from west coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back