Game Day Round 8, 2021: Hawks v Eagles, Sunday 9th May @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Hartley and Howe hey... fu** that's inspiring.

Que the, he's not ready crew... but hey, we will still lose playing known guys that aren't taking us forward... which is important im told.

Love our rebuild concept.

Please post the team line up you want to see.

Also keep in mind injured players dont play well. Nor do players who struggle at VFL level.

Thanks.

Positives

- Kosi is looking better as the season goes on his leading, pace and goal kicking is good.
- Jeka I'm wrapped they gave him another go, last week was a tough audition.

Good luck today let's see how we respond, I hope last week was a once off we have been competive for most of the games if we can try and eradicate those poor quarters.

when is Minchington getting a game? we still dont know if he is good enough?

but in all seriousness, the match committee are only focussed on this week, they have no desire to develop for the future, i dont agree with it, but thats what they are doing anyway..... frustrating isnt it? oh and expect the "we are too young, we're developing the kids ect ect ect" yea 1 or 2 at a time, MEANWHILE at Port, StKilda, Melbourne, Richmond, Fremantle, Sydney..... they know how to recruit and have faith in their future.

but then again our list is not inspiring many people atm, only Brockman is putting his hand up for more AFL games.
Do you know what all those teams you mentioned do more than us? They win.

Football is 90% above the shoulders, and although we don’t have as many first year players running out each week, we do have a lot of players with under 50 games who’ve not played in many wins over the last 2-3 years, who’ve seen a bunch of reliable stars retire or decline, so of course we’re trying to win wherever possible to let them see there’s light at the end of the tunnel, and that they are taking the right steps towards being the nucleus of the future.

Just playing kids and hoping they learn, isn’t necessarily beneficial to the kids, and even less so to players like Scrimshaw, Day, CJ, Moore, Kosi, Lewis etc who need to believe that the side is actually trying to create a winning culture.

So long as it's a legitimate game day & not another shame day, I'll be stoked. Don't need a win, but a four quarter effort would make me very happy ... mum would be happy for me too, so do it for the mums lads!

Happy wife, happy life,
Happy son, happy mum!

Kennedy - 196cm
Darling - 191cm
Allen - 194cm
Naitanui - 201cm
Williams - 199cm

....and people wonder why we pick Hartley (198cm defender - who performed better than quite a few in the team against Fremantle) to replace TOB?

Seriously?

If he doesn’t play, then Scrimshaw has to play on Naitanui or Allen. We all know how that would go.....

Kennedy - 196cm
Darling - 191cm
Allen - 194cm
Naitanui - 201cm
Williams - 199cm

....and people wonder why we pick Hartley (198cm defender - who performed better than quite a few in the team against Fremantle) to replace TOB?

Seriously?

If he doesn’t play, then Scrimshaw has to play on Naitanui or Allen. We all know how that would go.....
Yes they are the best marking forward side in the comp. TOB is out so we needed to bring a tall defender in. Hartley is no world beater but who is the alternative?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to Howe playing more of an inside role with JOM injured. If he's winning 1st possession and dishing it out to Wingard, Impey, Morrison etc I suspect we'll be quite competitive. Very few of our players have a physical presence like Howey
I'd like to see Howe blocking for Mitchell who feeds Wingard.

Can't wait to watch Howe get done HTB Numerous times and telegraph all his kicks into the middle

Jesus Christ
Howe missed the first half of last season plus the preceding pre season due to a foot injury. It took him the rest of the covid interrupted season to gain fitness.
He is only 25 years old and goes when it is his turn.I see plenty of upside if given a run of senior games.Definetly part of the club's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back