Game Day Round 8, 2021: Hawks v Eagles, Sunday 9th May @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look thin down back , just not sure we will get enough quality ball in to take advantage.

I just want us to be in the game at every change.
No lapses where the opposition bang home 5 goals in a row.
No being 30 down at 1/4 time

Its a huge area amongst others of our game we need improvement on

A competitive effort for 4 quarters would be great, regardless of the end score. Being switched on from the start would be a good start. If we get 4-5 goals behind to start it will be a long arvo.

West Coast missing some key players which helps but they are still a strong lineup. We must respond after last weeks pathetic showing.

Hartley in was a given with Timmy out and we have the flexibility to shift Gunston or Kosi back.

We will lose the ruck battle so mids need to be accountable defensively. Howe to tag Kelly and use his size to disrupt their kids as much as possible. Need Shiels and Worpel to step up and support Titch.

Wingard should play 80% in the guts and hopefully we throw some X factor through the middle at different stages.

Can we not go 30 minutes again without scoring a goal? It’s happened nearly every game this year. It’s hard to watch. :(
After last week's first quarter effort I'd settle for a rushed behind...
Jokes aside though, you're right, we seem to regularly have a quarter where it just doesn't happen. Need to get better at wrestling the momentum back when it does.

Moore sub. I would really like the term 'managed' to be defined by Clarko or any AFL coach from here on out. Moore is in our best 22. If he needs to be managed why is he at risk of playing a full game if someone goes down in the first 5 minutes? Either play him or don't. And if not, what's the explanation for his omission?

I'm still salty about team selections. First time since late last year when Minchington was getting a regular game. Will find out in a few hours if picking an older side in a rebuilding phase was actually worth it at all.

Moore sub. I would really like the term 'managed' to be defined by Clarko or any AFL coach from here on out. Moore is in our best 22. If he needs to be managed why is he at risk of playing a full game if someone goes down in the first 5 minutes? Either play him or don't. And if not, what's the explanation for his omission?

I'm still salty about team selections. First time since late last year when Minchington was getting a regular game. Will find out in a few hours if picking an older side in a rebuilding phase was actually worth it at all.

bro Minchington played 4 games last year, that is not regular

They look thin down back , just not sure we will get enough quality ball in to take advantage.

I just want us to be in the game at every change.
No lapses where the opposition bang home 5 goals in a row.
No being 30 down at 1/4 time

Its a huge area amongst others of our game we need improvement on
Another quality mid would be very handy, and we’re already 1 short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back