Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You can keep repeating this but the reality is we are not trying to play to save games. We just aren’t very good.

So you think the first 45 minutes of today’s game is where we are at....Honestly? That rubbish short chip sideways, backwards sideways again is what we are capable of at the minute?

you really don’t think Worpel Mitchell Wingard in the middle can produce something a little more direct and positive?

It’s interesting listening to the commentary about the pressure on the Eagles because of their outs - still a team with the two best forwards in the league and a midfield still loaded with talent despite their outs

And they are playing 17th who have not played well at all rather than say the tigers

I’m shocked that the thinking was they would struggle against this hawks team and all of a sudden in the third we are talking “cream rises to the top” - they should of destroyed us from the opening bounce

They have an AA Ruckman, winger, two big key forwards, a third who is one of the better young ones, an impressive midfield led by another AA - that's a lot of class still on the field for them - us not so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
So you think the first 45 minutes of today’s game is where we are at....Honestly? That rubbish short chip sideways, backwards sideways again is what we are capable of at the minute?

you really don’t think Worpel Mitchell Wingard in the middle can produce something a little more direct and positive?

west coast have been doing way more of that than we are

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
True but to be fair, we are missing 3 of our top 5 in Sicily Gunston and O’Meara. And that’s with a rubbish list with no depth so the outs result in really ordinary replacements. Good sides can cover outs, bad sides can’t . It’s one of the differences

Yeah if only we had Callum Ahh Chee

what about Hartigan and Phillips? They're even worse. Bloody Pies got one up on us over Phillips. He's really bad.
Phillips has been fine today and Hartigan is on their best forward and has kept him to 3 shots on goal.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mitchell winning a lot of the ball with 35. Only 8 kicks though. And been selling his teammates into trouble by hand. Just doesn’t look to have any power through his legs. That broken leg took a lot from him. He used to be able to take a step or two to use the ball by foot.

He’s still a decent player but is lacking confidence and impact. Far from the juggernaut that carried our midfield for two years. I also think he’s suffering from our overall lack of quality on the outside because he isn’t feeding it out to Smith/Henderson anymore.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's where i disagree, teams have worked out the game plan and capitalise on turnovers. Just look at that last couple of plays from the Eagles right now... Goal to Goal on the turnover.

I agree our defensive backline is pretty decent, but the game plan has no fresh solution going forward so each week, it's just a matter of time before the floodgates open. I feel sorry for the backline copping it for essentially holding off every attack for as long as they can, and I feel sorry for the forward line that don't see the ball.

I would rather us lose by a wide margin but see more of those small sparks of a quick attack we see on occasion. Right now it's just all defence.

I see what your are saying. I just can't see how another plan would work better

I think it's more the cattle on the park. Or midfield is shallow and slow and the fwd line is an unorganised mess.

I disagree with the last part but that's just personal preference. Sure it would be better watching in the short term but you don't learn much from getting thumped every week. The flair will come as the team improves, right now we are working on plans and discipline.

I agree that it always feels like the flood gates are about to burst though.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back