Preview Round 8, 2021: Hawthorn v West Coast, Sunday 9th May @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
American sport is just run a lot better on the whole.

Injured players being on the injury report.

Also salaries are public so clarity on cap room etc...

It's all more transparent.

The lack of salary cap allowing the richer teams to buy whoever they want with ridiculously huge contracts negates that good governance IMO.

Nobody should be getting paid $341m to play baseball.

Mitch Lewis should be dropped almost solely for that pea hearted effort opposed to Brad Hill. I think a forward line of Jeka, Breust, Brockman & Gunston (with a dash of Wingard) looks pretty balanced. We can definitely win this
To be out bodied by Hill is a joke, especially when you are a key position player. Remember watching that, and it just confirmed what i have been saying all along, that Lewis is soft. Has been in the system long enough now and done enough pre seasons to have put on some muscle mass and hasn't. He doesn't split packs open and doesn't look like he wants to hurt the opposition.

Yeah I’m massively off Lewis at the moment. Thought at the end of 2019 he looked great, but sadly he’s looked nothing like a player the last couple of years. He’s just too slow and soft. Shame, but I have much more hope and confidence in Jeka thankfully.

I suspect that unless lewis can be a ruck-forward (and he doesn’t appear to have enough enthusiasm for rucking tbh) I can’t see him lasting.

although ironically he’s a good field and goal kick, as are all the forwards. Some of the better ones in the list

Last edited:
In: Wingard, Brockman, Howe
Out: Shiels (rested), Moore (omm.), Hanrahan (omm.)
At this stage this is what I'd be looking at. Give Moore a week in the two's to get some confidence back, give JOM an extra week to make sure, give Shiels a spell and make him really earn his spot back in the side.
It's a shame we don't have more tall defensive stock to have a look at at this point in the season- I think the weight of numbers every week is a lot for Frost and Hartigan to manage mostly by themselves. I don't think Hartely is the type of tall they could be replaced with either unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Wingard, Brockman, Howe
Out: Shiels (rested), Moore (omm.), Hanrahan (omm.)
At this stage this is what I'd be looking at. Give Moore a week in the two's to get some confidence back, give JOM an extra week to make sure, give Shiels a spell and make him really earn his spot back in the side.
It's a shame we don't have more tall defensive stock to have a look at at this point in the season- I think the weight of numbers every week is a lot for Frost and Hartigan to manage mostly by themselves. I don't think Hartely is the type of tall they could be replaced with either unfortunately.

What confidence does Moore need to get back though? He had season high marks, almost season high disposals, his average amount of tackles and kicked a goal last week, playing high half forward in an 11 goal loss.

What confidence does Moore need to get back though? He had season high marks, almost season high disposals, his average amount of tackles and kicked a goal last week, playing high half forward in an 11 goal loss.
Maybe he read all the s**t people have said about him on here since then?

I suspect that unless lewis can be a ruck-forward (and he doesn’t appear to have enough enthusiasm for rucking tbh) I can’t see him lasting.

although ironically he’s a good field and goal kick, as are all the forwards. Some of the better ones in the list

I was told he very much feels his strengths are pushing up the ground, towards the wings. He has struggled with having to play the deep forward role.

From memory, I feel some of his best footy has been when he pushes up and gets a run and jump at it? I don't think he is a competitive kid to be honest, and seems to not fight hard enough body to body, which our ball movement into the 50 is all about.

I was told he very much feels his strengths are pushing up the ground, towards the wings. He has struggled with having to play the deep forward role.

From memory, I feel some of his best footy has been when he pushes up and gets a run and jump at it? I don't think he is a competitive kid to be honest, and seems to not fight hard enough body to body, which our ball movement into the 50 is all about.
Our ball movement into the forward 50 would suit MMA fighters more than footballers I always felt.

Get a couple of retired 100kg+ MMA fighters, plonk them in the goal square and bomb it on their heads 50 times a match.

It's not like we ever hit a lead up forward these days so lets double down on the current strategy!

Doubt Brockman plays, Morris more likely. This week will be a true test of whether Clarko still has the patience for youth with Finn and others.

He looks great in the marking contests on the wing, it's probably easier for him too, less craft to get a jump at it.

But, if he played that role he would be exploited going the other way.

I don't know how he end up? he needs to make the deep forward role his own or I don't know where we can hide him.

Agree 100%.

Moore is on track for a 25-30 goal season. I don’t get the calls for him to be omitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back