Not open for further replies.

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Not kicking the ball high and wide for it to bumble outof bounds on the WİNG from a CENTRE clearence would be a great way to start in improving from last week's debacle.
Balloon kicking the footy has got to stop!

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
While it looks nice and is great PR for the boy, most of his work was in the 3rd quarter. In the other quarters he did some good stuff but it wasn't really consistent.

We seem to have very differing opinions on Brockman's game Cliff. To me he was one of our most consistent players. His two goals came in the first quarter where he had the most scoreboard impact and along with Morris was chasing. In the second quarter when everything went badly he was one of the only players still tackling and competing. His third quarter was important as a link man and his last quarter was the least impactful when he tired. A solid three quarter contribution.

At worst I think he'd offer what Hanrahan is currently offering with much higher upside.

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't get why Brockman was dropped in the first instance. Rested sure, but he played at Box Hill so can't call it that.

Surely it's a no brainer he plays AFL, unless he needs an actual rest.

caseman2

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2008
NYC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bring back Howe - need some oomph

Agreed. Fort all his short-comings (turnovers and decision making) he gives his all week in and week out and is the one bloke who will never do anything but put his head over the pill. We lack those bigger bodies and Howe will always give his all and provide some protection and grunt.

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm really not sure how we play all of Gunston, Kosi, Jeka and Lewis forward. All but Lewis are pretty mobile for a tall forward, but the manner in which the ball bounced out of our forward half was alarming against the Saints. With that said, we simply have to persist this week with all of Kosi, Lewis and Jeka forward. One game would be a waste.

Given we are conceding a league worst 16 marks inside our defensive 50 per game, yes lots is down to our up-field pressure, we should play Gunston back this week. O'Brien out.

Brockman to come in for Hanrahan. It's pretty evident he has a really bright future, and Oli just seems unlikely to make it imo. He is still fumbling and making the same mistakes year in, year out.

Cousins is putting forward a fair case to say he has gone past Shiels, and Maginness needs to keep getting games.

In: O'Meara, Wingard and Brockman

Out: O'Brien, Hanrahan and Shiels

Last edited:
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
I'm really not sure how we play all of Gunston, Kosi, Jeka and Lewis forward. All but Lewis are pretty mobile for a tall forward, but the manner in which the ball bounced out of our forward half was alarming against the Saints. With that said, we simply have to persist this week with all of Kosi, Lewis and Jeka forward. One game would be a waste.

Given we are conceding a league worst 16 marks inside our defensive 50 per game, yes lots is down to our up-field pressure, we should play Gunston back this week. O'Brien out.

Brockman to come in for Hanrahan. It's pretty evident he has a really bright future, and Oli just seems unlikely to make it imo. He is still fumbling and making the same mistakes year in, year out.

Cousins is putting forward a fair case to say he has gone past Shiels, and Maginness needs to keep getting games.

In: O'Meara, Wingard and Brockman

Out: O'Brien, Hanrahan and Shiels

I'm not so sure, I do agree Shiels is pretty washed but I don't think Cosuins has gone past him.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Love to see the centre bounces attendances looking different this week. Mitch and JOM have been taking ~80 % each. Then when JOM goes out and Worps gets his time (75 %).

JOM been dominating in the clearances but we haven’t really spread the load. It’s been very JOM or bust Mitchell only averaging 1.1 centre clearances. Worps averaging 2.1 but got 6 last game.

I noted Maginness got 10 cba’s (31 %) and was started a number of bounces at CHF then had to sprint into the centre. Whereas RCD for tigers in his first game got 68 % and was in there the most out of all tigers midfielders. Edwards next highest with 59 %.

We need to spread the load to keep the opposition guessing as well as for our own development. Makes it easier on our younger players coming up from the VFL also. Cousins and Maginness get more time in the middle which is where they play in the VFL. Rather than have to step up to the higher level and play a new position.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Love to see the centre bounces attendances looking different this week. Mitch and JOM have been taking ~80 % each. Then when JOM goes out and Worps gets his time (75 %).

JOM been dominating in the clearances but we haven’t really spread the load. It’s been very JOM or bust Mitchell only averaging 1.1 centre clearances. Worps averaging 2.1 but got 6 last game.

I noted Maginness got 10 cba’s (31 %) and was started a number of bounces at CHF then had to sprint into the centre. Whereas RCD for tigers in his first game got 68 % and was in there the most out of all tigers midfielders. Edwards next highest with 59 %.

We need to spread the load to keep the opposition guessing as well as for our own development. Makes it easier on our younger players coming up from the VFL also. Cousins and Maginness get more time in the middle which is where they play in the VFL. Rather than have to step up to the higher level and play a new position.
Would like to see Mitchell start off the half back line at some point- that way if the oppo get the clearance our interceptors have a piggie at their feet if the ball goes to ground, and his ability to shovel out to players in space can help set up our rebounds.

I'm not so sure, I do agree Shiels is pretty washed but I don't think Cosuins has gone past him.

I agree. Replace Shiels with Cousins and our leaky midfield becomes even leakier. Cousins just adds to the Mitchell/Worpel lack of defensive accountability problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back